For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 3:29 AM

Marshmallow Update - Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (N920A)

Note5.PNG

Hello Community!

Effective June 22, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note5 (N920A). This update is made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA).  Wi-Fi connection is required for update.

Device Update Enhancements:

You can find all the details here, or keep reading below!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just spent an hour on the phone with your "tech support" individuals only ti find out that apparently this specific post about the Note 5 being upgraded to Marshmallow does not exist. I spoke to a man named Edward with the ID number of *** and a woman named Ricky *** with an ID number of *** and was informed that nowhere on the entire AT&T database does an update for this phone exist. My phone is not updating to the new OS and I am trying to figure out why.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I updated my Note 5 when it came over a week ago but it's been very unstable for me. My phone reboots itself several times a day by itself. It happens in all sorts of apps so I haven't seen any pattern thus far. I've also had the phone completely freeze at least twice where the screen is on but none of the normal buttons work - power, home, back, etc... The only thing that brings my phone back is to hold the power button and the volume down until it does some sort of hard reset. In hindsight, the phone was working perfectly before this update. Anyone else seeing these problems?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My Note 5 is telling me my current software is up to date yet I am still running lollipop, my other 2 note 5s have updated, but my primary will not. I have rebooted my phone and still nothing. Anything else I can do to make it update?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have at&t note5 N920A. Still don't get new update? ? It's 5.1.1 and looking new one 6.0.1

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Still no update

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Not really any problems after update. But I lost my microphone symbol, so the only I can text is by typing . I have a Note5. Any suggestions. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Is this marshmallow update available for n920a unlocked version? I got my note5 still running lollipop

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hey is anybody else out there frustrated at the Marshmallow 6.0 update from Android? I have a Note 5 and am particularly annoyed at the Google Calendar changes because it used to show three lines of information on the Week calendar but now just shows the first line with three dots following it ....even when I leave spaces between all the words like I used to prior to the 6.0 update. My calendar is super important to me and I pack a lot of information into those three lines to help me see at a glance what I need to know. Now I have to tap on the individual and try to get the extra information. I called AT and T enhanced tech support but they didn't have any fix for it. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem? And is there any way to give Android some feedback on this issue. It is so frustrating when they take a good program and make it worse in an upgrade! Thanks for any help you can give me on this! -Lucas

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Im not in USA and can't receive the update , can you help me

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The August 25 update installed on my Note 5 and all the application permissions have been reset to OFF.  Also many applications complain about the 'Apps that can appear on top' interfering with how they work (Twilight, Amazon shopping app).

Any recommendation to fix this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.