The Samsung Galaxy S24
pbm5362's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Monday, August 4th, 2014 3:02 AM

Issues with the USB port on my Galaxy S5.

I've had my Galaxy S5 for a little over three months now.  I tried to charge my phone this morning but when I plugged the cable in it wouldn't charge. I tried to restart my phone and I also did a soft reset by taking the battery out and putting it back in.  I also used another charging cord but that didn't do anything.  I also tried plugging it in to my computer but no luck.  I believe that there is something wrong with the USB port.  I didn't spill anything on my phone but I accidentally dropped it onto the wet grass last night and the impact opened my charging cover and It was a few minutes before I realized I dropped it and picked it back up. I inspected the inside of the USB port but there doesn't seem to be any damage or corrosion.  Any suggestions on how to fix this or is this something I would have to get repaired?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

If your phone is in warranty then you can claim it. But it must be rapired there will be charging IC problem when it is dropped by you. 

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

I actually went into my local AT&T store today.  They inspected the phone and since there was no physical damage or corrosion they said it was a manufacturing defect and replaced my phone.

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

10 years ago

Hi pbm5362, 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. After reading through the post we noticed that you were able to get the device replaced. Feel free to contact us here in the future with any concerns or questions. ^Jake  

Thanks 

Samsung Support

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My AT&T Samsung S5 will not charge. I have two factory chargers. I have done everything, including plugging it into different wall sockets, computer, swapping charging cables, you name it. There is a bad connection and if I push the charging cord the phone will sometimes charge.

I bought insurance on this phone when I purchased it about three months ago so how do I easily and most imporetantly, quickly replace it?

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.