The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ancil30's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 19th, 2015 3:31 AM

I have a sprint galaxy s6 it is unlocke

The ? Is will att activate this phone.the person I bought it fro m had a att sum in it and was using it on att so does that mean I can also?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Kovax2128 wrote:

Just bought two Sprint SM G920P S6 Galaxy's. Took to AT&T store for adding to my 10 lines. After putting in att SIM cards e was told I would have no access to my att mobile share data.....! Am I being misled?

Roger

@Kovax2128

you should get 3g only data...  The phone wont get LTE...  Wifi calling wont work either.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

If they were using it on AT&T, it had to be unlocked for AT&T use. You should be able to use it too.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Actually yes, just ordered the NANO SIM directly from AT&T after ordering their services a few days ago and it came in the mail today and was ready to go, pre-activated.

For clarification, I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920P) from Sprint.
As my device is paid in full, I went into Settings> System Update> UICC Unlock, and received a message that it was successful. I then powered off the device, removed the Sprint NANO SIM, popped in the AT&T NANO SIM, powered on the device and BAM! AT&T SIM card was recognized almost immediately, then you go to Settings> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names> Add, and from there you plug in these settings:

Name: NXTGENPHONE
APN: NXTGENPHONE
Proxy: Not set
Port : Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: None
APN type: Default
APN protocol: IPv4 Enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

After this is complete, go back to the top, under options, hit Save. Restart the device to ensure proper loading of new settings.

YOU ARE NOW ACTIVATED and ready to enjoy AT&T's services.

The rumors about the calls or texts not going through, 100% FALSE.
No data? WRONG! I get 3G, 4G, and 4GLTE no problem!
EVERYTHING works.

Yes, in the beginning when I first got an interest in switching over to AT&T, I went to one of the stores near me myself, and asked a staff member about bringing my device to their network and I was told that it was completely incompatible because Sprint is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, however on the Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920P), the phone was designed to accommodate either network, thus the reason it is a "Global" device.

I hope I cleared the air about some rumors and concerns. Unlock the device through Sprint's UICC Unlock procedure and you are on your way to a better network with a phone you already have.

NOTE: If you still owe money on the device from Sprint, they may or may not let you complete the UICC Unlock process, thus halting your ability to bring it over to AT&T.

Quiestions? Comments? Concerns? Let me know! I'll be glad to help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

after hitting the "UICC Unlock", Instead of getting a message that it was successful , I got an error message...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Just bought two Sprint SM G920P S6 Galaxy's. Took to AT&T store for adding to my 10 lines. After putting in att SIM cards e was told I would have no access to my att mobile share data.....! Am I being misled?

Roger

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Do you happen to know a place for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 Refurbs?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Kovax2128 wrote:
Do you happen to know a place for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 Refurbs?

@Kovax2128

swappa.com.....  I would go a little newer than a s6 if it was me and its not to much more.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

i have done all that and and am only getting 3g

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

also phone keeps asking me to activate. i can get calls text mms and 3g but no 4g and get asked to activate everytime my phone starts and that just annoying 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@duhjuh wrote:

also phone keeps asking me to activate. i can get calls text mms and 3g but no 4g and get asked to activate everytime my phone starts and that just annoying 

your only going to get 3g with the s6 from sprint as they locked the other LTE bands out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.