The Samsung Galaxy S24
lumberjak2007's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 10th, 2015 12:06 AM

I can't get past the no available space issue

Ok so I have a Note Edge and I got prompted for the download today for lollipop, but I keep getting an error stating tha there's no available space to download load. I went and I moved items to my SD card and deleted apps I don't use (i have just shy of 3.5GB free) and I still can't get past it. Now when I try to check for updates again it says I have to wait 17 more hours before I can update. Anybody have any idea on how to get past this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Ok, I am downloading now.  I have cleared off the space, and I went into Date and Time settings, unchecked auto update time, manually set the date to tomorrow, and clicked out.  When I did this, it started downloading 🙂  I cannot take credit though. I found this method in another forum.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the exact same issue on my Galaxy S5.  I received the notification that I do not have enough space.  I moved off a bunch of stuff and now have 3.79GB of space available on my phone.  Also says I have to wait 23 more hours to check again.  The button to 'Continue Update' is greyed out and disabled.  However, I still have the notification that there is not enough space and that an update is available.  To kind of jump start this process and have it recheck the space, I have also booted into recovery mode and cleared the cache (suggested on another forum), but this did nothing as well.  This is really annoying!  Please someone at AT&T reinitiate my download.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy S5. Last night, I got the notification that I could update. But I had no wifi. So this morning I got to my office and spent an hour downloading the 1.4 gig file ... which didn't work because I only had 2 gigs free space. So I cleaned out apps to get 3.1 gig and now I have to wait another seven hours before I can try to update again. By  that time, I'll once again be in a place with no wifi and it'll be another five hours before I'm home and can use wifi to try again there. If would be nice to know if 3.1 gigs of free space will be enough before I try again because if I find out it's not at 2 a.m. and I have to delete more apps and wait another 24 hours to try again ... that's just insane. Either let us check more than once every 24 hours or tell us how much free space we need before we waste our one chance that day.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Mine magically resolved itself. Got new issues now so ill probably start a be thread for that. Good luck with the update everybody

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

That worked for me. The upload worked fine with 3.2 gigs of free space once I reset the time. Thanks, fullhudson.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This worked for me, thank you so much! I have deleting things and using cashe cleaners etc etc and nothing was helping. Simple time and date manipulation lol. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

That worked for me as well on my Galaxy S5.  After moving gigabytes over to the SD, it still wouldn't download the update until I reset the date.  Thank You!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Excellent!  Had the same issue and changing the date worked.  Google - please note that this needs to be fixed in your next release.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thanks fullhudson!  I just tried this on my galaxy s5 and it worked!!  You rock!! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

@fullhudson wrote:

Ok, I am downloading now.  I have cleared off the space, and I went into Date and Time settings, unchecked auto update time, manually set the date to tomorrow, and clicked out.  When I did this, it started downloading 🙂  I cannot take credit though. I found this method in another forum.

you da man!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.