For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
cmercer253's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 14th, 2015 2:42 PM

How to factory reset with broken display? (Galaxy S4)

Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337). I'm going through the damaged phone return process and I am instructed to do a factory reset of my damaged device. The screen is completely unusable. I tried to do a factory reset from my computer using Kies 3 and it was unsuccessful many times. The message this program usually gave me was that it could not identify my device and no internet searches for my problems were helpful either. 

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

@cmercer253 wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337). I'm going through the damaged phone return process and I am instructed to do a factory reset of my damaged device. The screen is completely unusable. I tried to do a factory reset from my computer using Kies 3 and it was unsuccessful many times. The message this program usually gave me was that it could not identify my device and no internet searches for my problems were helpful either. 

Hi there @cmercer253,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're more than happy to assist you. Are you trying to back up your device? Can you hear notifications and other sounds from your device? If you are having trouble with trying to Factory Reset your device, you may try using Android Device Manager from the following link: http://tinyurl.com/l2yfvgz . If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ema with Samsung Support

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.