The Samsung Galaxy S24
contact123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 17th, 2016 6:00 PM

How to enable conversation view on Galaxy J3 email?

There doesn't seem to be any way to enable grouping emails in a conversation view for the inbox. I've come across the way to see a thread for a specific message, but not a way to get the entire inbox to be grouped that way nor to display threads by default.

It seems like the device doesn't include the "View as" option under general settings that is mentioned in some online manuals.

For reference, I have the email application configured with two email accounts -- one for exchange active sync (default) and the other for gmail.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

If using the built in mailbox you are limited.  I use the gmail or yahoo apps instead.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks. As I dug into it more, seemed like that was the case for the built in mailbox.

I didn't have any luck getting gmail or yahoo apps (or even outlook app) to work with my work email (hosted on exchange), but did get Nine email to work okay, which has a convesation view option. Have been using it a couple of days, and seems to be significantly better than the built in option on a number of levels.

I'm using the gmail app for my personal email, which is also good (and free).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.