The Samsung Galaxy S24
Danimal817's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 7th, 2012 11:06 PM

How do I stop Text messages from being sent to my email inbox?

How do I stop Text messages from being sent to my email inbox?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Depending on the version of Android you're running these directions should get you close...

Select "Email" from home screen > Select "Account" that is getting the text messages > Select the "Options" menu from the bottom left of the phone > Select "More", then "Account Settings".

Scroll thru the account settings for an entry called "SMS sync". This should be listed in the "Server settings" section of that page. Uncheck "SMS sync". This should stop text messages from being delivered to your email account.

Best of luck!

Guru

• 

698 Messages

12 years ago

You might start, by sharing what device you have, and what operating system. If you don't have a texting plan, you can always call customer service, and have them block any & all text messages coming in. Otherwise, you can be charged 20 cents per text, and 30 cents per MMS. I hate that they did away with the lower volume text packages, like 200 texts. Now, it's either the charges I mentioned, or pay about $20 per month, for unlimited texting.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Android.

I have a texting plan - I just do not want the texts to go to my email too

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Although I have the Galaxy S4, these instructions basically worked for me too. Thank you so much!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have a Galaxy S5 and there is no entry called SMS Sync to toggle on or off. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Never mind I found it. Was on the non default account. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

For Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0, the solution was to Open Email.  Goto Settings.  Click on the account and scroll down to Sync Messages.  Turn off Sync Messages.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy 8.  I previously owned a Galaxy 4.  Now that I have the Samsung 8, my text messages are going to my work email.  I read the directions above.  I want the text messages to stop, but if I turn off the Sync function as suggested in the solution, I worry that I will no longer receive my work emails on my phone.  I want to stop the texts from going to work emails, but I want to continue work emails coming to my phone.  Everything worked fine when I used the Galaxy 4, but haven't been able to get it to work properly now. Any suggestions? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Thank You so much it was driving me crazy. Highly Appreciated

Take Care

God Bless

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have an iPhone 7, and I believe my mother does, too. When she sends me text messages, they go to my work email inbox. Everyone else’s text messages come to my phone as text messages. Any suggestions on how to get what she sends me as texts to appear in my list of text messages, instead of being in my email inbox?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.