For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
YaBoyDK's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, April 5th, 2016 5:42 PM

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Settings

When I purchased my Galaxy S7 Edge I was excited but knew that it would come with some bloatware installed. It is easy enough to disable them (wish I could uninstall it), but was I found largely disappointing and a huge reason I could eventually switch is that I am tired of AT&T always taking features away from a phone. T-Mobile leaves a phone almost exactly as it is from the manufacturer which is probably why they receive updates quicker as well and I would love to see this on AT&T. But my main complaint is that on my S7 Edge AT&T took away the ability to choose between having your settings laid out as a vertical list, you can only have your settings in a tabbed horizontal layout, which isn't overly bad, but ridiculous that they took the option away. In addition I hate that they removed the toggle to turn mobile data on and off. Now I have to go into my settings and find it to turn off as opposed to just pushing one button. And I don't want to use the data usage app every time I wish to toggle mobile data, and what's worst is that I can't download a toggle anywhere that will do this because it sends me right back to the settings where I have to manually turn it off. I would like to know where I can submit this feedback or if this where I am supposed to.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

There is no feed back as the mobile data toggle was removed from all samsung phones like the s6 and s7 on some carriers.  It looks like verizon added it back on the s7.  But all I have found is tmo removed it also.

the us versions of the s7 also dont have galaxy labs and white pages on the phones and that is on all carriers.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

You can see your settings in a grid list by swiping down a second time. Not sure if that is what you want or not.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Not on the Samsung s6 or s7

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
Not on the Samsung s6 or s7

Yeap, got one (S7) right in front of me. It works.

Screenshot_20160406-105545.pngScreenshot_20160406-105620.png

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Not what he is talking about. Those are quick settimgs. He is talking about the setup menus. Att has a tabed setup. The rest of the world goes up and down.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

On a side not your still using that ugly launcher they call touchwiz? Lol. Question is do you like the s7 over the lg you had?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.