For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Faisaldogar's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 2nd, 2017 6:31 PM

Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Android 7 Nougat Update?

My galaxy s7 edge has 6.0.1 does not giving update to 7.0 or any latest. All the time when i tried to mannually update my phone, it shows that your software is updated. I want to update to latest software. Plz plz plz help me..

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Faisaldogar wrote:
My galaxy s7 edge has 6.0.1 does not giving update to 7.0 or any latest. All the time when i tried to mannually update my phone, it shows that your software is updated. I want to update to latest software. Plz plz plz help me..

@Faisaldogar

Well bad news your not going to get updates EVER....  Your not in the USA and Not a active att customer connected to an Active ATT tower...  ATT only updates phone FOTA so if your not in the USA and a ATT customer you will not get updates.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Is there a way to manually get the update? I still have not gotten it on my S7 (ps: I am outside of the US )

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Team

i'm also using Samsung S7 edge AT&T phone outside USA.   Is there a way to manually get the update?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @sudarsan1974 @Nash100

There is unfortunately not a way to manually update AT&T branded phones. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Dmitriy 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the reply!

What if I use a vpn?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Nash100 wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

What if I use a vpn?

you cant vpn to a cell tower located in the USA...  Also you have to be a active att customer to get updates.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

so let me understand you right , i bought from AT&T device and now i live oversea , so i can't update my phone?

it's not make any since ...  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.