For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nachovfr's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 4th, 2016 1:21 AM

Galaxy S6 Active frozen on AT&T logo screen, doesn't turn on

Hi there,

Please help me with turning on my S6 Active. It got frozen on the AT&T logo screen when the battery was nearly flat. I charged the phone already (nearly 100%) and although I did a soft reset (power+vol down) and the phone restarted it always gets frozen on the same AT&T screen.

I wouldnt like to do a hard reset as it'd delete important info I have on the phone 😞

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Regards, 

Jose

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ok.. So I have tried every trick everyone on this forum has done, no luck. When my android guy pops up, it tries to optimize, but so no communication. The in goes into the android recovery. I've tried doing everything possible inside the recovery, but still no luck. Still stuck at the att logo. Is there anything else I can do before I bite the bullet and get a new phone?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Solution: Select the reboot to boot loader (Press and Hold power, home and volume up buttons until rebooting options appear. Then uses volume button to select reboot to bootloader), the green android icon apperars and states downloading, do not turn off target. then combo press and hold power button and down volume key. The next screen will state Android is optimizing. You will also see that your phone is optimizing aps  status. It will run normally after this.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Solution: Select the reboot to boot loader (Press and Hold power, home and volume up buttons until rebooting options appear. Then uses volume button to select reboot to bootloader), the green android icon appears and states downloading, do not turn off target. then combo press and hold power button and down volume key. The next screen will state Android is optimizing. You will also see that your phone is optimizing aps  status. It will run normally after this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a Galaxy S6 edge and this happened overnight. Woke up to a Blue ATT icon and blue notification light. Tried holding down the POWER button, HOME Button and VOLUME UP Button and nothing works. Now what should I do?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Take the battery out to turn of the phone and do what you did with the combo buttons. Then follow my instructions in the earlier part of the thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My s6 edge is frozen on the att screen also and I did the power volume up b home buttons clear cache n restart n Its still won't load past the att screen I don't want to factory reset n loose all my everything off my phone is there any other way to fix phone with out doing that

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Unfortunately there is no way to get old information off of a reset phone.

I work for AT&T in a retail store and even I have had a phone crash on me, like when a computer does. So I do understand the frustration of losing information on the device.

Now with every phone I make sure I am using the google backups for my information, settings and messages and I have a memory card for photos and videos and music.

Lesson learned the hard way, sadly.

Best of luck to you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Guys, you are wonderful....you really saved my phone. I would give you a million dollars if I had it.😎

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If your okay with losing all your information on your phone then yes factory reset because that's what helped me Wipe cache partition did not work i tried 5 times but it still didn't work so i tried factory reset it worked but if u don't want to lose your information you need to have your stuff backed up. i found this out while i was trying to fix my phone from the same problem in school.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I followed all the options on this form.
1) I wiped the Cache as suggested.

2) I rebooted to bootloader

3) I tried to restart it  from the recovery menu

4) I had it idle on that screen for 1hr.

None of this helped I then decided to Wipe it clean and do a Factory Reset,

At first it did not work and for a few minutes it froze again on the AT&T logo page and that freaked me out, however after I let it idle on that page for about 10min.it then turned on and worked.

So all in all- The bad news is that I had to do a factory reset, the good news is that at the end that worked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.