The Samsung Galaxy S24
KeltischWerWolf's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 6:14 PM

Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 update

Why were AT&T Galaxy S5 owners screwed on the 4.4.4 update and all we got was a modified 4.4.2 update which I already had installed, with what ever came in this BravoSierra 4.4.2 patch you handed us. Every Cell Carrier around the globe got the Android 4.4.4 update.

AT&T, why must you continuously screw over the people who spend bookoo amouts of money on your top of the line mobile devices, but screw us on the updates? I have been with you for over 7 years and have owned only one phone that wasnt Samsung, but still the same crap!!! Screw us on the current update and give us a crappy lower tech version of it... I want to know why????

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

easy 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are security updates.  My guess is they pushed the updates and didnt change the android version number.  Heck 4.4.4 was only 2.4MB for my nexus devices.  They were patching security holes in the software is all.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I haven't even received the update yet and each day I check, the Software Update tells me that no updates are available for my device.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

I have a Samsung galaxy s5 and I'm in desperate need for the 4.4.4 update. My battery sucks because of the bug in 4.4.2. Verizon and sprint are rolling it out. When will AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

this is a peer to peer forum.  

There is no one that can actually tell you when upgrades for os will roll out.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

Verizon just started rolling out with the 4.4.4 update yesterday, that means we're in line for it soon. Give it sometime, it will come. No carrier got it for the S5 right off the bat, Verizon has been the first one. Also, all the carriers got that bug fix update for 4.4.2, not the actual 4.4.4 update itself. So it's a bit absurd for you to single out AT&T, because all the other carriers are in the same boat.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I saw news stating t-mobile,verizon and sprint has started to roll out the 4.4.4 update for galaxy series from S3 to S5. I am curios to see when AT&T will start to roll the update.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

easy 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are security updates.  My guess is they pushed the updates and didnt change the android version number.  Heck 4.4.4 was only 2.4MB for my nexus devices.  They were patching security holes in the software is all.

No. They didnt forget. 4.4.3 had around 7000 changes in code iirc and wasnt a "small" update. The only changes from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 was a security patch which is why it was so small.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

A few of us with S5 OTA update issues were informed its on their radar for the next few weeks, just keep our hopes up:)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

We are still waiting...I really need 4.4.4 so the mm-qcamera-daemon battery drain issue is fixed. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I feel your pain.  I have the exact same battery drain problem since 4.4.2.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.