For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Dustythoendel's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 10th, 2015 7:13 PM

Galaxy S5 Active Problems since 4.4.4

Hopefully, someone can help me. My screen won't time out anymore! I've tried changing the display settings, but it will still stay lit until I physically turn the screen off.

Also, I am having a problem with charging the phone. At times, the phone will not charge at all unless I hook it up to the computer first, then transfer it to the wall charger. None of the issues happened until I updated to 4.4.4. 

Suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

Go to settings then to developer options and unchecked the stay awake. Sometimes the update will mess up with the developer setting, so just make sure you enable the setting and double check if the always stay is on. My husband has the same problem, and I have it fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same issues here, only solution I found for the charging problem is shut it off and charge. Have you tried a factory reset? There has to be more people with thrs problems. Hopefully somebody chimes in with a solution.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I can't find developer options. Where is it at?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am having this same issue amongst many others since my 4.4.4 update. My phone also constantly gets stuck on "dialing" when making calls. Home button won't take me home and now this. At&t needs to fix this crap. They have rendered my phone useless.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Wiping the cache partition will often clear up problems that occur after a firmware update.  It's a simple procedure, fast and easy to do, and it won't remove your data.  There's an instructional video here.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@Dustythoendel wrote:
I can't find developer options. Where is it at?

I suggest you first try wiping the cache partition, which may help your charging issues as well as other problems.  You'll find a link to an instructional video in my post above.  If that doesn't clear up your problem with the screen staying on, then you can check Developer Options to see if "Stay awake" is selected.

Developer Options is a hidden selection.  In order to make it visible, follow the instructions here.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.