For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kiloco204's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 2:59 PM

Galaxy S4 no sound during calls

My galaxy s4 just started having no sound when I make calls. I can't hear ringing or the person I'm calling. I can however hear when the call goes through. Is this a common issue with the s4 and how can I correct it? Will I need a new device and will Samsung cover it or will insurance be needed?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Is ATT and Samsung intentionally messing up the firmware to get to everyone to UPGRADE?  I wouldn't put it past them.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I would assume other things first, like imperfect technology.

I was on another network before AT&T and my wife called me 30 times and I got nothing on my phone :). I believe these faults happen all the time on all networks.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Update - my phone has not had this issue in a couple of weeks. I saw a security update from Samsung, and since then I have had no issues.

Hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?  We've tried nearly everything with no luck.

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I have a Galaxy S4 Active with the identical problem for the third time.  The last time it spent 8 hours on it, I factory reset it after making sure Avast Backup had everything  (I considered rooting it to give me more options). 

That was a couple of months ago. Since then I had to encrypt my phone per my company policy.  The problem reoccurred almost immediately.  I un-encrypted (which can be done); tested it for a few days without a problem, then went back to encrypted.  This worked fine until now.

NOW - I can't get into SAFE MODE.  I will go through the process and the SAFE MODE shows up after I enter my passcode required at boot.  But when I get past there, and use my passcode to unock, the SAFE MODE is gone.

Just curious if anyone else has the problem with an encrypted phone or not.  And for anyone particular on details, the Actives are only on 4.4.2. 

Tomorrow I will unencrypt and encrypt to let you know if that alleviates it.

Why can't they fix the problems they have before introducing new cool stuff like fingerprint readers?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Wish I would have seen this forum before I spent 4 hours on the phone with tech support yesterday having to back up my phone, do a factory reset, then restore my phone...which by the way I am still trying to put all my apps back on I had. Phone worked great yeah for the rest of the day, but this morning went to make a call and guess what.....can't hear anything yet again....and of course this all started after that 4.4.4 update. 

Has anyone found a solution to fix this?????? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.