For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Travelgirl's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 17th, 2015 6:30 AM

Galaxy Note 4 Fingerprint and password not working

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Model N910A:  Phone is 7 days old.  Suddenly it won't recognize my fingerprint nor the code.  No option to "unlock screen" from within findmymoble.samsung.com

Unlocking phone option did nothing.  Samsung rep states it is an ATT fault.  what do I do?

thank you for any help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

Did it ask for a backup password or pin? If it is a password it has to have at least 6 characters consisting of atleast one number and one letter . If it's a pin it's 4 digits... Did you already have a Samsung account on the phone? If so when you logged into the findmymobile page you can lock the screen which will temporarily change your screen lock to that new 4 digit code you make. Once in the device either add another fingerprint then use that to change your screen lock type or go in application manager and click fingerprint scanner under all and clear cache. If you setup the samsung account after the fact you won't be able to use it for this purpose. Also, worse case you get in but can't change your lockscreen, install samsung smart switch on your computer then do a backup. Master reset your device then hook it back up and click restore. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for taking time to write. Everything was initially properly set up with finger and a pin.  I had never set up a "password" as you describe but that was the only option the screen allowed - it would no longer consider a fingerprint.   It was the most frustrating 24 hrs I have spent!  I will NEVER use fingerprint option again.

The Find My Mobile language is counter intuitive because there is no explicit statement that says "Clicking here will lead to unlocking the phone".  The ATT Tech told me to look for "unlock screen"  - the only command offered at the top menu is "lock my screen" and I had no intentions of doing that.  Eventually I was clicking every link just out of pure panic.

Good luck to anyone else who encounters this problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am in the same boat right now. I have/had the figerprint option set up and has been working fine. Now my screen is locked and it is asking for a backup password. I have never set up a backup password. I'm not sure what to do. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.