For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mistyneely's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, May 18th, 2015 8:15 PM

GALAXY 6 EDGE SYNCING

1st issue
Throughout the day, all day, my att contact address book syncs constantly. It's draining my battery, I do not need anything extra draining the battery as it drains fast enough as it is.

2nd issue
The app color note will not close out. It's constantly at the top of the screen and when I try to close it, it will not.

3rd issue
When I transferred to the galaxy 6 edge from my Samsung galaxy s5 active, not everything in my local calendar transfered. Although I did find a calendar zip file on my MEMORY CARD from my s5 active in a xml file. How can I import this info into my calendar on s6 edge? Is it even possible? I would enter manually from the info in the xml file if I could understand the date format.

4th issue
Is anyone else having their battery drain fast on the s6 edge

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

mistyneely,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. We can assist you with your inquiries.

1. Is the app set to sync? You can go Settings>Accounts>AT&T Address Book and un-check the sync feature.

2. Try going to Settings>Applications>Application manager>All and find the app, clear the cache, then try closing it.

If clearing the cache doesn't work, you can try clearing the data for the app but this will erase all the info on the app. After that, you can also try un-installing and re-installing the app or reaching out to the developer since it might be a feature of the app.

3. What did you use to transfer the information from device to device? We suggest using Smart Switch - http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/  to transfer data between devices.

4. Battery drain can have a lot of causes: streaming apps, live wallpapers, wi-fi/bluetooth always on, apps that aren't updated, etc. We suggest going to your battery usage screen Settings>General>Battery usage and seeing what apps are taking up the most percentage on the device and change settings to those.

Thank you,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR.YOUR REPLY

1st issue
I have went to app and attempted to turn off auto sync, yet it automatically switches back to on. I looked at the sync log and there was 102 entries where it tried to sync but all 102 failed. 102 tries in 12 days.

2nd issue
Think I got it taken care of

3rd issue
When switching from my s5, I'm not sure what the att rep used, he did it in the store. Everything transferred except the local calendar. As I said before, I have the xml file that was on my SD card from my s5 active. I cannot decipher the format though or I'd enter it manually if I had to. It's very important stuff to me, as my baby 1st's etc.

4th issue
I have went to battery screen and looked at what is using so much as in percentage and it's mainly android stuff that I have no clue what it is. My screen is dim, bluetooth stays off , location stays off, no live wall papers and all apps are up to date.
The att a dress books syncs about 18 times a day, constantly.

Anymore suggestions??

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

DISABLE the ATT address book.  Its another redundant program att puts on the phone.  Google backs up your contacts.  I have it disabled on the 2 s6's in the house.

@mistyneely

I missed your calender problem.

Make sure you have sync enabled on you google account on the phone.  That will back up all the data and you should no miss a thing.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

It was initially on my samsung 5 active local calendar. It didn't transfer
when att rep transferred to my s6 edge. I have on my SD card that was in my
s5 active. It's in xml file , I have figured out all the gibberish except
for the date format. I'd enter manually if I could figure out the format

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

was initially on my samsung 5 active local calendar. It didn't transfer
when att rep transferred to my s6 edge. I have on my SD card that was in my
s5 active. It's in xml file , I have figured out all the gibberish except
for the date format. I'd enter manually if I could figure out the format.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

yeah I would make sure you sync with google.  If you still have the s5 you could do that with it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately I do not still have the s5, it was traded in. Although,
everything was synced to Google except for the calendar. Do you happen to
know how to decode the date format on an xml file

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Xml is an outlook format

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Never had outlook

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

here us a reader that I have used in the past

http://download.cnet.com/Free-XML-Reader/3000-7241_4-76168677.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.