For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
hatie123's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Monday, August 28th, 2017 1:37 PM

Early Note8 Purchase for Past Note7 Owners

So I had the awesome Note7 only to to give one back twice due to the recall. So then I was forced to get a Galaxy s7 Edge on the Next program. While the S7 is a good phone it was a downgrade with smaller internal storage, no iris scanner, smaller screen & of course no S-Pen.  

I saw Samsung is offer a pre-order credit up to $425 for people who went through this nightmare.  So far I have found no information saying AT&T will also give us a trad-in credit, which I kinda understand. But will AT&T at least let people like me get out of the Next program early so we can finally get the phone we really want. I signed up for the Next 24 plan which allows me to trade-up every 12 months as long as the current s7 Edge is good. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

No  you don't have pay it off before BUT you do still have to pay for it.  But why do we have to pay off a phone we didn't want in the first place.  Samsung should come up with a better referral program for those of us that are willing to trust again...att didn't loose anything because they didn't give us anything for free...we didnt ask for defective phones or to be stuck with phones we didnt ask to switch to.  We still had to pay for these wack phones. I actually switched from apple specifically for the note only toget stuck with a substandard phone...and lost my upgrade due this issue.  Samsung paid the companies penalties....why does the consumer end up on the short end of the stick for thes ridiculously overpriced phones!?!?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Not true....i was not able to get iPhone back that I took the upgrade for.  I would have had to purchase another phone...where are you getting your info....there was a mandatory recall. Not only that we also had to pay another activation fee which was supposed to be refunded once the note 7 was recieved back but I had to call customer service for 3 months to actually recieve.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Erhd30

Its impossible to figure out who you're  responding to with 41 other posts....

"Samsung paid the companies penalties".  Huh?  What penalties?  

Samsung and ATT refunded what you paid.  Your choices from there were up to you.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Erhd30 wrote:

But why do we have to pay off a phone we didn't want in the first place.  

Because you bought it..

Samsung should come up with a better referral program for those of us that are willing to trust again...

Yes, SAMSUNG should.

why does the consumer end up on the short end of the stick for thes ridiculously overpriced phones!?!?

It seems like you're willing to pay the ridiculously overpriced prices for these phones..? Isn't that what started the problem?

If you picked a cheaper phone, you wouldn't pay the ridiculously prices.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

If I were shopping for a Note, it would be for a mint, older version.  I just sold my Mint Note 3.   

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Calm down everyone. It was a frustrating when the whole Note 7 recall happened. We don't have to make it worse. Like I mentioned before, I could have or might have  done certain things differently, but I did not have the option to use an old phone because of hardware issues. When I turned in both Note 7s, I believe we only got the full credits if you went with Samsung select phones. If you picked an iPhone then it was less credit or none at all. Samsung was trying to keep the Note 7 customers with the Galaxy family.  Now depending what a person has to use the phone for, getting a pre-paid phone would not meet their needs. We can't say one is right, one is wrong. Besides, something like this has never happened, that I know of. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Are not all retailers responsible for what they sell....Home Depot?...Target?...Amazon?...Don"t they give refunds at their loss?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Jagivar wrote:

Are not all retailers responsible for what they sell....Home Depot?...Target?...Amazon?...Don"t they give refunds at their loss?

No.  Manufacturer recalls are at the manufacturer expense.  You think Bobs Toyota pays for recall repairs?  No Toyota pays.  

Any refunds by the retailer are reimbursed by the manufacturer.  So ATT sold a phone at $850 the refund $850. Samsung sold it to them at $650, Samsung refunds $650.  The only one who takes the hit is the manufacturer.  Most retailers refunded assesories like cases and screen protectors, and Samsung covered those costs too.  Any additional losses were covered by whatever insurance ATT has against theft or loss.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

So let me get this straight.

Despite the fact that I was told, at the AT&T store, when I went back to be forced to turn in my second Note 7 for another phone "If Samsung fixes the Note 7, or whenever they come out with a new product that uses the S-Pen (which was the differentiation for me to buy the 7 in the first place, I *HATE* electronic finger keyboards, my fingers are too large to reliably type on them), AT&T will treat you right and make you right", shortly before being *heavily* forced into replacing it with this Active 7, which doesn't have as good of a chipset, nor can it be used with VR, that I'm being screwed.

Well, the heck with that then...time to find a carrier with a "We'll buy you out of your contract for switching" program...too bad you're about to lose my family's $300+/month income, AT&T

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@alanmacneill wrote:

So let me get this straight.

Despite the fact that I was told, at the AT&T store, when I went back to be forced to turn in my second Note 7 for another phone "If Samsung fixes the Note 7, or whenever they come out with a new product that uses the S-Pen (which was the differentiation for me to buy the 7 in the first place, I *HATE* electronic finger keyboards, my fingers are too large to reliably type on them), AT&T will treat you right and make you right", shortly before being *heavily* forced into replacing it with this Active 7, which doesn't have as good of a chipset, nor can it be used with VR, that I'm being screwed.

Well, the heck with that then...time to find a carrier with a "We'll buy you out of your contract for switching" program...too bad you're about to lose my family's $300+/month income, AT&T

@alanmacneill

the s7 active has the same specs and the note 7 for the most part as it has the same exact SOC...  Minus the spen which is big for note users and you lost 32gb of storage since the note 7 was 64gb.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.