Disappointed that AT&T didn't include Gear VR for Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-orders

Teacher

Disappointed that AT&T didn't include Gear VR for Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-orders

While others are doing it, AT&T chose not to include the Gear VR for Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-orders.  I mean, come on!  It's not as if you were buying a $400.00 smartphone (what!? $400.00 for a smartphone!?).  The Samsung Galaxy S8+ that I pre-ordered and received yesterday cost me $849.00.  AT&T should have thrown in the Gear VR.

I know what's going to happen.  In 6 months, or perhaps less, they will run a promotion to attract customers from other providers and this time it will include a Galaxy S8/S8+ and a Gear VR.  They do it all the time.  What about "attracting" existing customers?  When are you guys going to take care of YOUR customers?

For this, I am very disappointed.

Message 1 of 8
Tutor

Re: Disappointed that AT&T didn't include Gear VR for Galaxy S8/S8+ pre-orders

You can register on the Samsung promotions page with your receipt and device ID and you get the free VR.
Message 2 of 8
Teacher

For others who are not as dumb as I am but who just don't know that if you register your phone with Samsung you can get a free Gear VR, here is the link to where you can do it:

https://promos.samsung.com/infinitelyimmersive/

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

jdomi wrote:

For others who are not as dumb as I am but who just don't know that if you register your phone with Samsung you can get a free Gear VR, here is the link to where you can do it:

https://promos.samsung.com/infinitelyimmersive/

@jdomi

all preordered s8 series phone will get the VR.  This year best buy is not even doing in store redemption. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Teacher

This year is too young to tell.  All preordered S8 series phone will get the Gear VR if you are not as dumb as I was and somehow figure out that you have to go to a particular Samsung page to register your phone and then you'll get a free Gear VR.  Nowhere in the package sent by AT&T does it say anything about a Gear VR.

Message 5 of 8

let me know if youre as lost as i was TRYING TO GET THE 99.00 BUNDLE. SAMSUNGS server is throwing errors all day on site.

Message 6 of 8
Employee

This is a manufacturer promotion, not a carrier one. Same deal last year. Submit info to Samsung for the promotional items.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Since the phone does not have a street date till the 21st the promo site is not fully working.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support