For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2017 11:16 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A) Android Nougat

Hello Community!

I'm pleased to also announce that Android Nougat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been released today (2/17/16)!

Have you been looking forward to this update? Are you ready to experience the newest iteration of Android? Sound off in the thread below.

For more information and installation instructions, please keep reading.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Did they flash you at BestBuy to 7, or back to 6.01 and have you then redownload the OTA update?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

I had this issue back in September. They just updated my phone to the latest marshmellow update. Haven't had any issues since then. You guys have never tried to root or flash back to stock have you. That will cause updating issues. That's why I had the issue. I rooted my phone, realized that I tripped the Knox warranty then flashed back to a stock att rom. That's when I started having update issues. But reflash in back to stock with Odin fixed my Knox trip. So I called Samsung and they verified that my Knox warranty was good. They then told me to go to best buy and have them update it for me. Haven't had any issues since

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

We'll see then. Phone wasn't rooted, Knox is clean.

Unsure BB even has the 7.0 update available. It doesn't show up in Smart Switch.

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

7 years ago

My S7 Edge just updated perfectly. The whole process took about 45 minutes.

There were about 4 separate steps starting with the fairly long download of the software.

I now have 7.0 Build number NRD90M.G935AUCU4BQA6.

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Best Buy doesn't have the new firmware. The tech was surprised I wanted him to reflash the phone. We'll see if this helps.

What a cluster ****

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Wasn't suprised that he didn't have it but reflash in to the last available marshmellow update should help. It did me at least. Keep us posted

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

After returning home, the phone said it had current software. After another reset and cache wipe, the update finally took.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

Glad it fixed your issue. I figured it would help. Cheers

Mentor

• 

57 Messages

7 years ago

Biazzre that this update is not available for the S7 Active.  I could understand if the active had didnt specs, different processor, etc. Same specs, same phone, (differnt body) but no update, really?  Ugh.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The update is working well for me on my Galaxy S7. I have yet to see any issues. Thanks!

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.