Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

Community Support

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

Good morning everyone!

Summary Description:

• Effective 7/27/2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update Enhancements:

• Setup and Transfer
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • IPME
  • AMBS Phase 3

Keep reading below for information on how to update your device!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 64
ACE - Master

Re: Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

tmoney316 wrote:

I'm not getting my updates either. The only way I get them is if I bring it into a service center and they do it for me. My phone is still under warranty, so I'm going to see if they'll replace it since it's a pain in the butt to bring it in to them every couple months and sit there for 30-60min when the phone should update it self over the air. 

@tmoney316

remember they are going to replace your phone with a refurb.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 64
Contributor

I have a few months left on my warranty, so if the refurbished phone doesn't work any better than my current one I'll just exchange that one as well untill I hopefully get one that actually does what it is supposed too. Lol. Thanks for the heads up though.

Message 62 of 64
Highlighted
Contributor

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 Tmobile.
At this time I am in UAE
I want to ask you that why my device is not updating nougat 7.0.
Message 63 of 64
Contributor

So last night I checked for Software updates on my Galexy s7 Edge, and I started the update. Unfortunatly my internet stopped working halfway through. This was out of my control, as a devices connected were disconnected. But now everytime I check software update, it says "Current software is up to date" even though I am on Android 6 and Android 7.0 has a released for s7 edge a week now. Did this issue arrise from the disconnect, or will it soon "come back" and update with the notification? I hope you can help

Message 64 of 64
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support