Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

Community Support

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

Good morning everyone!

Summary Description:

• Effective 7/27/2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update Enhancements:

• Setup and Transfer
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • IPME
  • AMBS Phase 3

Keep reading below for information on how to update your device!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 64
ACE - Master

Re: Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

tmoney316 wrote:

I'm not getting my updates either. The only way I get them is if I bring it into a service center and they do it for me. My phone is still under warranty, so I'm going to see if they'll replace it since it's a pain in the butt to bring it in to them every couple months and sit there for 30-60min when the phone should update it self over the air. 

@tmoney316

remember they are going to replace your phone with a refurb.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 64
Contributor

I have a few months left on my warranty, so if the refurbished phone doesn't work any better than my current one I'll just exchange that one as well untill I hopefully get one that actually does what it is supposed too. Lol. Thanks for the heads up though.

Message 62 of 64
Highlighted
Contributor

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 Tmobile.
At this time I am in UAE
I want to ask you that why my device is not updating nougat 7.0.
Message 63 of 64
Contributor

So last night I checked for Software updates on my Galexy s7 Edge, and I started the update. Unfortunatly my internet stopped working halfway through. This was out of my control, as a devices connected were disconnected. But now everytime I check software update, it says "Current software is up to date" even though I am on Android 6 and Android 7.0 has a released for s7 edge a week now. Did this issue arrise from the disconnect, or will it soon "come back" and update with the notification? I hope you can help

Message 64 of 64
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support