For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 3:41 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

Good morning everyone!

Summary Description:

• Effective 7/27/2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update Enhancements:

• Setup and Transfer
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • IPME
  • AMBS Phase 3

Keep reading below for information on how to update your device!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I keep getting an "Update Failed" message during installation after reboot when installing build MMB29M.G930AUCS2APH1 released on August 25, 2016. It gets to about 20%, and it just craps out.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

@Dyno_guy - I'm pretty sure ATT won't misss you

@GLIMMERMAN76 If I have a Tmobile model, can I get it flashed to an ATT build?  I'm on ATT network and I think it would be better to have the ATT build.

I looked at the XDA Site.  I guess this is something I have to do myself 😞  I cant get someone at Best Buy to do it, huh?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

You can flash a att rom onto a tmo phone as the tmo has a different bootloader

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

can, or cannot?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Can't stupid auto correct

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I bought an unlocked AT&T branded Galaxy S7. Why is it unable to contact ATT'S servers and update? It thinks it is up to date, but it is not as it is running a version from June 2016.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Panem83. Read posts 36-41.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I got my phone in February. My fiancé got his the same day. We are on ATT and his phone is updated to August security and has WiFi calling. My phone is still stuck in February, and it says it is up to date when I check for an update. What is wrong with my device, and how do I update it?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm not getting my updates either. The only way I get them is if I bring it into a service center and they do it for me. My phone is still under warranty, so I'm going to see if they'll replace it since it's a pain in the butt to bring it in to them every couple months and sit there for 30-60min when the phone should update it self over the air. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@tmoney316 wrote:

I'm not getting my updates either. The only way I get them is if I bring it into a service center and they do it for me. My phone is still under warranty, so I'm going to see if they'll replace it since it's a pain in the butt to bring it in to them every couple months and sit there for 30-60min when the phone should update it self over the air. 

@tmoney316

remember they are going to replace your phone with a refurb.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.