The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 3:41 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)

Good morning everyone!

Summary Description:

• Effective 7/27/2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update Enhancements:

• Setup and Transfer
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • IPME
  • AMBS Phase 3

Keep reading below for information on how to update your device!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Downloaded and updated my phone but all it did was slow down my SMS .... Can I go back to previous version?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

This updated screwed up my phone royaly.  First Chrome and the default internet app were giving me problems.  Chrome was constantly spitting out out "aw snap" errors and crashing.  The default internet app was doing the same thing.  Then i started getting random other errors / problems such as google play service stopping or the phone randomly shutting off and restarting to totally freezing up for mins.  I have cleared the whole phone cache with no luck.  If I have to do a full factory reset I will not be happy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been downloading every 24 hrs and everytime is restarts, on the AT&T update logo (after the reset) it only gets up to 28% updating and then says "update failed" and then resets the phone and then I get a message after the phone boots up that update was interrupted.  I have cleared the applications cache, booted the phone in safe mode, and even cleared the cache in the boot menu (pressing power, up volume, and home buttons).  I always get the same result.  Please help.

-EH

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

8 years ago

Messed up the carriers excusive flagship gets pushed aside for the versions you can buy anywhere and everywhere.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I did factory restores and no luck.  I also had my phone reflashed from a samsung tech at bestbuy and am still having the same issues.  Guess samsung will be sending me a new phone

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

We are supposed to be able to see when our text messages have been delivered and read....how do I do this??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, I would like to know that as well! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My galaxy S7 edge still hasn't received the update (I check every 24hrs and it tells me it's up to date). My husband has the same phone but his got the update. Any insight as to why?

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Mine is downloading it Now.  S7 that I got unlocked by AT&T.  Will let you know if it runs smooth after update.

Well it was a Slow update but Everything seems to be working fine now with the Samsung July Update.  See have Advanced Messaging and WiFi Calling now, but have not had time to try them as yet.   Now still waiting for my NOTE 4 to get Marshmallow, as alll the other carriers have had it out for Months.   Main thing I have against AT&T is their Terrible SLOW Updates.

http://about.att.com/newsroom/video_calling_and_advanced_messaging.html

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Be Patient, they go by the IMEI number of your phone.  I just got mine this morning when I turned phone on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.