The Samsung Galaxy S24
ragingtripod's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 4:17 AM

Constant Wi-Fi calling notifications

Galaxy s7 after dec 8th update constantly popping up notifications about wifi calling.  If Wi-Fi calling is off it's asking me to turn it on if it's on it's constantly telling me it's on.  How do I stop the annoying notifications?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So go into your "Settings", tap on "Applications", click on the top right hand "option" button. From there, click on "Show system apps". Then scroll to "wi-fi calling", click on it and it will give you the option to "Disable" or "Force stop". Since I don't use it, I selected "Force stop" and its stop giving me the "wi-fi calling" notification! Good luck!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Force Stop works, until the phone is cold booted (power off, then back on).  You have to go through the same steps again, because the app auto-starts with power on.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is really annoying, off I don't want wifi calling it should be my optiion to disable it. AT&T or Samsung really needs to fix this   Forced Stop is not a decent answer for this issue. Next update - better sooner than later needs to fix this. It should be an option that is I don't want to use it I can turn it off. Even more, off one does turn it on it congress back as 'not available' - just a waste of time!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Horrible answer. Exactly wrong

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Does NOT work!  WiFi Calling is evidently not and app!  I tried this and other "app" solutions and wifi calling never shows up on any list of apps.  VERY frustrating.  Please help!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

No "options" button in "Apps" available in new phones!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Had the same problem. I figured it out for my new Samsung J7.  When the notification comes up, swipe down from the top to get access to notifications for this feature.  Select low urgency, turn off sound and visual notifications.  Done!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

On my S9 phone I found the wifi calling button in notification settings by pulling the notification bar and pullling again to show 12 seeting on one page with 2 further pages, move to the third page and you find the wifi calling setting sitting all by its self felling very lonely as nobobody can find it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.