For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ZephyrFirelyte's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 16th, 2014 5:07 PM

Carrier unlocking Samsung Gear S watches?

My fiancé and I recieved Gear S watches a couple of days ago at the Samsung Developer Conference. We love them, but we quickly discovered that they're locked to AT&T, which we don't use (and never have). We already purchased a smart watch plan with our regular carrier, which we hope to be able to use as soon as possible.

I called AT&T's customer service to get unlock codes, and they told me that the watches simply couldn't be unlocked for us. They said we had to be AT&T customers for at least 60 days, which is impractical and honestly doesn't make much sense. (Why would a non-customer become a customer for two months, just to leave again?)

If a rep here can help us, we'd be eternally grateful. We have the IMEI numbers for both, so hopefully we can do this without much difficulty.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Be sure to select ATT customer or not!

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/unlockstep1

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@daelvE wrote:

Be sure to select ATT customer or not!

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/unlockstep1

@daelvE

gear s is not in the unlock portals IMEI database I thought I would check last night since you posted this.  I have a old gear s and it cant be unlocked thru the device portal...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have a s2 and I am trying to unlock it to use through sprint is this possible?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Not that we know of. After researching for ATT to Tracfone, no one has done it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,

I get 

Looks like you upgraded your device recently so we can't unlock it right now. Submit a new request after the 14-day waiting period ends.

I purchased the S3 Frontier from Ebay and live in Aus if I can unlock it would be great but can't contact AT&T as I cannot create a login.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

What unlock service did you use?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Never got it unlocked with my carrier… TracFone 😄

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Hi! I wonder if you could share the website(s) you used to get the unlock codes? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I wonder if you would share the website(s) you used to get the codes. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.