For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ssatyanarayana's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 5:50 AM

Buy One get ONE free- NEVER. It was all a lie

I have been a loyal customer for 9 years, use the direct tv bundle. I have been swindled by AT&T for the last 6 months and I have been paying for 2 phones although I was told that I need to only pay for one and DONT need to get a new line. It is all a big scam. Today after all escalations and still not getting any credit for the 2nd phone and having paid close to $150 for the second phone, I was told that there is nothing they can do about it. The agent did agree that AT&T had misinformed me in various places but said that she cant fix the system to pay my dues back. 

How do we take this to court? 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

z

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

x

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous

Since you did not include that in your earlier post, and I don’t have ESP how would I know that?

I did not say you weren’t eligible.  I said you have to wait for discounts to start so you don’t pay off the wrong lines.  

“...ran the email...”.  Im assuming a typo and you wrote “read”.  But no.   There is nowhere you could legitimately read an employee discount will apply to the unlimited service plan.  It says right on the website “military and veteran”.   The signature discount program will allow you to check your discount and may still apply to upgrade fees or assesory purchase discounts, but not to the service plan on the unlimited data plans.    Read the website 

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I too have been scammed by them.  We got 4 phones total, so it was a buy 2 get 2 free.  I call them every month because my bill is always wrong and of course they are charging me for the free phones.  The last girl I spoke with told me that although they are charging $36.00 for one of the phones, that they can only credit me $24.00 because of where I live, what the blank!  Anyway, I'm curious as to if you ever found a solution.  [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Akindq wrote:

I too have been scammed by them.  We got 4 phones total, so it was a buy 2 get 2 free.  I call them every month because my bill is always wrong and of course they are charging me for the free phones.

Yes, of course you are.  The phone is billed for the full installment term. How stupid would any carrier be if they didn’t tie you to them long enough to profit off service?   

The last girl I spoke with told me that although they are charging $36.00 for one of the phones, that they can only credit me $24.00 because of where I live, 

No.  She made that up.  The free phone is the base model.  If you bought an upgraded model you pay the difference.  

what the blank!  Anyway, I'm curious as to if you ever found a solution.  [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Just once it would be awesome if people read the offers.   Sample of a BOGO offer....

77584D6A-2957-41C9-8453-8EF3E49460F1.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Akindq wrote:

I too have been scammed by them.  We got 4 phones total, so it was a buy 2 get 2 free.  I call them every month because my bill is always wrong and of course they are charging me for the free phones.  The last girl I spoke with told me that although they are charging $36.00 for one of the phones, that they can only credit me $24.00 because of where I live, what the blank!  Anyway, I'm curious as to if you ever found a solution.  

You're not getting large enough credits or they are crediting you $24 when you call?  ($24*2?)

Which exact model phones? What exact date did you buy them?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

ITS A LIE!!! I bought a iphone x in Dec 2017...during thier BUY ONE GET ONE FREE promotion...it is now may 2018 and Im still paying the full price every month for the second phone. i've called three times and spoke to agents at customer service who assured me it would be credited but it still is not fixed and i've heard nothing back from customer service. i then contacted the better business burea and lodged a complaint about fraudulent promtions...i heard back from a natalie ***** manager att office of the president ***** via email asking me to call her to discuss this. i called twice and left voicemails. i also emailed her twice and have not gotten a call/email back. im so frustrated with the lack of

customer support with this company. please buyer be ware....it is NOT free and will cause nothing but aggravation. i will NOT be staying with ATT after these phones are paid off...after many many years with ATT ive decided to switch to another company.

stefanie [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@stefanierma

1.   ATT had a limited time BOGO just before Xmas.  

2.   iPhone X could be the buy one, but a new line had to be added for the second iPhone, and only the base model is free.  

3.   You were always going to be charged for both phones.  A credit is added for the second phone (the one purchased on the new line) .  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.