The Samsung Galaxy S24
KronosKurve's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 2:20 PM

Android 5.1.1 update for Galaxy S6 Edge

Hi,

Any word on when the S6 versions will be updated to 5.1.1? I could use the battery improvements to last a work day without being connected to the charger.

thanks,

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Mine has yet to upgrade either! Says the same thing,wonder how much longer?!

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

Apparently that just means it hasn't been pushed to you yet and it sounds like AT&T is slowly rolling it out in groups. Take your s6 to an AT&T store or Samsung (maybe Samsung in Best Buy) and see if they can force update it for you. Otherwise you might just have to wait a bit longer.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

att stores cant flash updates unless it has a device support center. Now a
samsung experience center inside a best buy can flash it and its free.
Those employees work for samsung not best buy.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I've taken my phone both to At&t and to the samsung experience booth at Best Buy.  The nice guy at the samsung experience booth tried his best to help me, and showed me that the latest update he has available from At&t is 5.0.2 so he can't flash to anything newer.  The warranty center for Samsung said the same thing, that At&t hasn't made that update available to them yet either!  What gives?!  I would really like to be able to use SAMSUNG PAY!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Mine hasn't pushed to my phone as well.  I have the S6 edge.  ATT tried to send a new signal to my SIM card and that didn't work.  They can't do anything else.  I went into Best Buy and the nice guy flashed the update to my phone with the 5.1.1.  It downloaded and said updating.  It finished optimizing all my apps and nothing.  Still says 5.0.2.  He tried again using another way to install it and again nothing.  He had never seen that before and said it could be something with the software on the phone and would have to send it out to tech support.  I haven't tried a factory reset yet and may try that when I get the time.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Same here for my edge,no update yet, getting really frustrated here!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

@22dsm22What is the baseband version after the best buy folks flashed your device?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Why do you ask?

G925AUCU2AOF4

I noticed my bubbles for text messages changed blue for incoming, but nothing else changed. No Samsung pay available or any other changes.

I also noticed when I go to settings, about device to check for update at the very top where it says software update it is unbolded and I can not click on it, vs all the other topics, to even check. Is that normal?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

i read somewhere, if the software update is greyed out, its because the phone doesnt have enough space. Make sure you have sufficient space and also unblock all the apps if you had blocked previously and restart the phone and try for software update.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your help. I figured it out last night. I have plenty of storage left. I have airwatch setup through my company and by having airwatch the administrator must have disabled upgrades as part of the restrictions. I disabled the app and then deleted it and whamo. It lit up and I searched for the update and it was ready to download. After I upgraded I added airwatch back and downloaded my companies applications again.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.