AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Teacher

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Does AT&T have any timetable for a rollout of the 4.2.2 update for the Note 8 (I467) models. The Wifi models in the US have received the update and many of the foreign models including Lte have received the update.

Thanks for any information.

Message 1 of 50 (24,357 Views)
Community Manager

Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

There were no announcements yet, when we hear anything, we'll make sure to post an update on these forums.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 50 (23,712 Views)
Contributor

Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Please let us know

Dying to update

Message 3 of 50 (23,104 Views)
Contributor

I know.. right.. Its killing all the fun.. Please #ATT act fast .. release the #UPDATE... its already DECEMBER man.. Christ!!

Message 4 of 50 (22,544 Views)
Contributor

Where will we see any updates on this? Is there a news section somewhere on the ATT website that I can expect anything on this?

Message 5 of 50 (22,187 Views)

[ Edited ]

Seriously?  This is complete garbage!  If the wifi model can be updated, why can't the AT&T model be updated within two and a half months?  What the crap is going on with AT&T that they poop all over their customers like this?  You can't even provide a date, or give some kind of a detail as to what can be expected?  

Message 6 of 50 (22,087 Views)

Now I see the problem. The AT&T community manager uses Apple devices.  I guess users of Samsung products get the shaft from AT&T.

Message 7 of 50 (22,090 Views)

2014 and still no update!  Seriously. at&t?

Message 8 of 50 (20,967 Views)
Tutor

its because not enough people purchased the device so they are prbly abandoning it. This is the last time i buy an att direct tab.

Message 9 of 50 (20,863 Views)
Tutor

I'm about to sell this Note 8 and get a Nexus 7 LTE.  AT&T is notorious for lack of updates because of all their bloatware and 'certification'.  I will not buy another tablet from AT&T again.  I also had a Pantech Element which took very long to be updated.  Android is the way to go, but with UNLOCKED devices.

Message 10 of 50 (20,713 Views)
Teacher

Well nothing so far... I was hoping we would get the update since Samsung has supposedly fixed the lag in the touchscreen response, since this lag bugs me a lot. 

Lets all dream a little.... AT&T is going to be the 1st carries to update the Note 8 LTE  with KitKat 4.4!!

I would still like our expensive Note 8 device to be updated to the level of the rest of the world's Note 8's.

It is sad when all the other Wi-Fi and foreign LTE devices are updated but the US's LTE devices can't be updated.  Just let us get the update from KIES and we would already be running 4.2.2.!

Message 11 of 50 (20,409 Views)
Tutor

It's unfortunate at the lack of customer responsiveness. No wonder AT&T has a customer retention problem.
Message 12 of 50 (20,337 Views)
Tutor

This is getting a bit on the ridiculous side. I can flash my tablet with ODIN apparently, as the samsung 4.2.2 lte firmware is out there in the world, but I really prefer to use the OTA update. I've considered myself a loyal AT&T customer for over a decade, but I'm starting to realize that was only because Apple's updates didn't get buried in whatever mess AT&T calls their IT department.

Message 13 of 50 (18,784 Views)
Tutor

It's a shame this device is crippled thanks to AT&T. 4.2.2 was released 4 months ago. It fixed issues that some of us have. Every other Note 8 user has the update available to them except us at AT&T. Then you have AT&T people claiming the manufacturer did not release an update for a Note 8. Are you kidding me? I've been using AT&T for over 10 years. I'm tired of waiting until everyone else gets stuff. It's time to move my account to a carrier that cares. I'm also now looking to move my corporate account away from AT&T and as an IT consultant, I will no longer recommend AT&T service to my clients. With the stylus, this device really solves some problems for me and my company but if I can't count on getting updates in a timely manner, it's not worth the risk. I tell my staff that communication is key. If you at least tell people what is expected, they will be understanding. Not getting any update and then having blame shifted to Samsung is just bad customer service.

Message 14 of 50 (18,079 Views)
Mentor

bubbacav .. I second everything you said. I have been with AT&T since 1994 when they were originally Cellular One .. then AT&T, then Cingular, and back to AT&T. I have 8 lines with them currently on my personal account, I have since moved our business account (26 lines) away from AT&T and moved to Verizon. Billing wise, Verizon for those 26 lines is $500 cheaper per month !! the customer service response so far with Verizon on my business account has been great .. issues resolved immediately.

I purchase the Note 8.0 when it was first released to AT&T, thinking this state of the art device would be basically like a flagship tablet for them in the long run thinking they would continueously support and maybe bring on Note 10 and now the upcoming Note 12 .. but looking at the history of this device with AT&T .. I ain't keeping my fingers crossed here. The support for our device is SH*T compared to everywhere else in the world for the Note 8.0 .. the fact that AT&T has abandoned ALL its customers that purchased this deviced is just .. (I have no words to describe this) .. My Note 8.0 has been sitting here in my desk drawer now for the past 3 months .. I have no use for it at all since AT&T cannot fix the bugs that we have experienced .. bugs that have been hammered on here with NO REAL ANSWERS because AT&T doesn't know how to fix it. Just like they don't know how to fix anything in ALL there devices. I also have a Note III that is full of bugs after there last OTA to MJ5 .. they won't even update KIES3 to that release .. Samsung states AT&T never gave them the OTA in order to update KIES3 .. so right now, if anything happens to my Note III, I cannot do (or in fact NO ONE with a Note III) a Emergency Firmware Recovery with KIES3 .. so again, AT&T has scr3w3d ALL of us over again .. its neverending with AT&T .. yet they want to call themselves the BEST !!!! LOL .. NOT

Message 15 of 50 (17,970 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.