For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
galadybug53's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Monday, November 18th, 2013 3:56 PM

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Does AT&T have any timetable for a rollout of the 4.2.2 update for the Note 8 (I467) models. The Wifi models in the US have received the update and many of the foreign models including Lte have received the update.

Thanks for any information.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It's unfortunate at the lack of customer responsiveness. No wonder AT&T has a customer retention problem.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

This is getting a bit on the ridiculous side. I can flash my tablet with ODIN apparently, as the samsung 4.2.2 lte firmware is out there in the world, but I really prefer to use the OTA update. I've considered myself a loyal AT&T customer for over a decade, but I'm starting to realize that was only because Apple's updates didn't get buried in whatever mess AT&T calls their IT department.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It's a shame this device is crippled thanks to AT&T. 4.2.2 was released 4 months ago. It fixed issues that some of us have. Every other Note 8 user has the update available to them except us at AT&T. Then you have AT&T people claiming the manufacturer did not release an update for a Note 8. Are you kidding me? I've been using AT&T for over 10 years. I'm tired of waiting until everyone else gets stuff. It's time to move my account to a carrier that cares. I'm also now looking to move my corporate account away from AT&T and as an IT consultant, I will no longer recommend AT&T service to my clients. With the stylus, this device really solves some problems for me and my company but if I can't count on getting updates in a timely manner, it's not worth the risk. I tell my staff that communication is key. If you at least tell people what is expected, they will be understanding. Not getting any update and then having blame shifted to Samsung is just bad customer service.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

bubbacav .. I second everything you said. I have been with AT&T since 1994 when they were originally Cellular One .. then AT&T, then Cingular, and back to AT&T. I have 8 lines with them currently on my personal account, I have since moved our business account (26 lines) away from AT&T and moved to Verizon. Billing wise, Verizon for those 26 lines is $500 cheaper per month !! the customer service response so far with Verizon on my business account has been great .. issues resolved immediately.

I purchase the Note 8.0 when it was first released to AT&T, thinking this state of the art device would be basically like a flagship tablet for them in the long run thinking they would continueously support and maybe bring on Note 10 and now the upcoming Note 12 .. but looking at the history of this device with AT&T .. I ain't keeping my fingers crossed here. The support for our device is SH*T compared to everywhere else in the world for the Note 8.0 .. the fact that AT&T has abandoned ALL its customers that purchased this deviced is just .. (I have no words to describe this) .. My Note 8.0 has been sitting here in my desk drawer now for the past 3 months .. I have no use for it at all since AT&T cannot fix the bugs that we have experienced .. bugs that have been hammered on here with NO REAL ANSWERS because AT&T doesn't know how to fix it. Just like they don't know how to fix anything in ALL there devices. I also have a Note III that is full of bugs after there last OTA to MJ5 .. they won't even update KIES3 to that release .. Samsung states AT&T never gave them the OTA in order to update KIES3 .. so right now, if anything happens to my Note III, I cannot do (or in fact NO ONE with a Note III) a Emergency Firmware Recovery with KIES3 .. so again, AT&T has scr3w3d ALL of us over again .. its neverending with AT&T .. yet they want to call themselves the BEST !!!! LOL .. NOT

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Samsung is already working on Kitkat update for Galaxy Note 8, and here I'm still waiting for AT&T 4.2.2 update.  I'm so disappointed in you AT&T.  This will my last tablet purchase from AT&T.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Well the rest of the world has 4.2.2 for the Note 8, and soon I guess they will have KitKat. While those of us who purchased the Note 8 are stuck at 4.1.2 with all the issues fixed in 4.2.2.

Come on AT&T... Let us Update our expensive Note 8 tablets! Surely AT&T's Lte update can't be that different from the rest of the world!!

Or let us be the 1st in the world to update our Note 8's to KitKat!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I really like my Note 8 however I can promise if this keeps up I won't be buying a carrier branded tablet ever again. What's the deal?  The WiFi versions have their update. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

10 years ago

Oh come on!    

We get an update, and complain about it messing things up.

or

we don't get an update, and we make this fuss.

you can force the update if you want.    Directions here :

http://www.androidpit.com/4-2-2-update-for-samsung-galaxy-note-8-0

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What are you talking about bro?  You just posted that from an iPad. 

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

That is for the international LTE version, which is the GT-N5120. The AT&T carrier branded version is the SGH-I467. If you COULD get that firmware to flash to your device, you would have a giant, very expensive brick on your hands. 

The issue is not so much that Note 8 users on AT&T feel we "deserve" an update, so we can complain about it messing things up. The issue is that this device is subject to a software bug that causes the screen to lock up for 2 - 5 seconds at a time. It is not hardware related as ALL versions of the Note 8 experienced it. The fix came in version 4.2.2, which has been available to pretty much any Note 8 except the AT&T version and I believe Rogers in Canada. The bug makes the device pretty much useless to a heavy user such as myself.

I did not return the device in my 14 day window becasue I was assured that they were aware of the issue and that it would be addressed in a future update. This was true, however AT&T has yet to deliver said update. That being said, my hope is that they choose to skip 4.2.2 completly and provide a solid 4.4.2 update since Samsung has announced that the Note 8 would recieve KitKat. 

My guess, and this is strictly suposition on my part, is that the carrier branded version of the Note 8 did not sell as well as AT&T had hoped. When you do not have a large install base, the process of vetting the software to update the device ends up costing more than you have gained from sales. If that is indeed the case, and AT&T has no further interest in supporting the software on this product then the right thing in my opinion to do would be to allow the bootloader to be unlocked. This way we as users can choose to update the OS if we so choose. 

It does no good to continue to plead with AT&T for any information on an update, as they will not provide it. THose of us that bought the device are left with little recourse, because even if we are still within the manufactuer warranty period, replacing the hardware will not address the screen lag issue, only a software update. I for one honestly would be content at this point with even a Delta update that addresses the screen lag and nothing more just so that the device can be used as it was intended. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.