AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Teacher

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Does AT&T have any timetable for a rollout of the 4.2.2 update for the Note 8 (I467) models. The Wifi models in the US have received the update and many of the foreign models including Lte have received the update.

Thanks for any information.

Message 1 of 50
Contributor

Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Samsung is already working on Kitkat update for Galaxy Note 8, and here I'm still waiting for AT&T 4.2.2 update.  I'm so disappointed in you AT&T.  This will my last tablet purchase from AT&T.

Message 16 of 50
Teacher

Re: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Well the rest of the world has 4.2.2 for the Note 8, and soon I guess they will have KitKat. While those of us who purchased the Note 8 are stuck at 4.1.2 with all the issues fixed in 4.2.2.

Come on AT&T... Let us Update our expensive Note 8 tablets! Surely AT&T's Lte update can't be that different from the rest of the world!!

Or let us be the 1st in the world to update our Note 8's to KitKat!

Message 17 of 50
Highlighted
Contributor

I really like my Note 8 however I can promise if this keeps up I won't be buying a carrier branded tablet ever again. What's the deal?  The WiFi versions have their update. 

Message 18 of 50
ACE - Expert

Oh come on!    

We get an update, and complain about it messing things up.

or

we don't get an update, and we make this fuss.

you can force the update if you want.    Directions here :

http://www.androidpit.com/4-2-2-update-for-samsung-galaxy-note-8-0

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 50
Contributor

What are you talking about bro?  You just posted that from an iPad. 

Message 20 of 50
Mentor

That is for the international LTE version, which is the GT-N5120. The AT&T carrier branded version is the SGH-I467. If you COULD get that firmware to flash to your device, you would have a giant, very expensive brick on your hands. 

The issue is not so much that Note 8 users on AT&T feel we "deserve" an update, so we can complain about it messing things up. The issue is that this device is subject to a software bug that causes the screen to lock up for 2 - 5 seconds at a time. It is not hardware related as ALL versions of the Note 8 experienced it. The fix came in version 4.2.2, which has been available to pretty much any Note 8 except the AT&T version and I believe Rogers in Canada. The bug makes the device pretty much useless to a heavy user such as myself.

I did not return the device in my 14 day window becasue I was assured that they were aware of the issue and that it would be addressed in a future update. This was true, however AT&T has yet to deliver said update. That being said, my hope is that they choose to skip 4.2.2 completly and provide a solid 4.4.2 update since Samsung has announced that the Note 8 would recieve KitKat. 

My guess, and this is strictly suposition on my part, is that the carrier branded version of the Note 8 did not sell as well as AT&T had hoped. When you do not have a large install base, the process of vetting the software to update the device ends up costing more than you have gained from sales. If that is indeed the case, and AT&T has no further interest in supporting the software on this product then the right thing in my opinion to do would be to allow the bootloader to be unlocked. This way we as users can choose to update the OS if we so choose. 

It does no good to continue to plead with AT&T for any information on an update, as they will not provide it. THose of us that bought the device are left with little recourse, because even if we are still within the manufactuer warranty period, replacing the hardware will not address the screen lag issue, only a software update. I for one honestly would be content at this point with even a Delta update that addresses the screen lag and nothing more just so that the device can be used as it was intended. 

Message 21 of 50
Tutor

I need to throw my hat into this ring as well.

I just purchased one of the AT&T Refurbs for the Note 8 and found out that it has the older OS. Now I don't have a way to move my apps onto my SD card.

Please come out with the Latest OS soon. This sucks!

Message 22 of 50
Contributor

AT&T any word yet?

Message 23 of 50
Contributor

I've called AT&T twice and Samsung regarding this issue and no one seems to have an answer. The second time I called AT&T, the call taker suggested that the update may have to be done through Kies. I won't be able to try this until tomorrow,  but does anyone know if there is truth to this? I have my doubts.

I informed the AT&T rep of this thread and suggested that she forward the issue up the chain so it can be addressed. I find it to be pretty poor Customer Service that this is an official AT&T forum and no representative has posted here with any info whatsoever. 

My Note 8 has lagged on the touchscreen 3 times while banging out this reply. How happy I would be if I could get the update so this issue would be resolved! 

Message 24 of 50

ATT, can we please get an update for this device (Note 8)? It was released over a year ago and still on 4.1 with many bugs. This is ridiculous. $499 for a device that constantly hangs/freezes making it very frustrating to use. Also, not good for your customer service which I constantly was bragging about. Now I'm not so sure.
Message 25 of 50
Contributor

I purchased the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH-I467 about a month ago. I just noticed that the os is 4.1.2.  Wish I would have went to this forum before I purchased the product. Now I hope that AT&T will provide an upgrade.  But by the comments on this forum, it doesn't look promising.

Message 26 of 50
Tutor

the non lte version of note 8 (n5110) has received the 4.4.2 update. while the att lte version (i467) is sitting on version 4.1.2 . I was told when i bought that the update for 4.2.2 was comming soon. If i was told that att was going to declare it a dead product I never would have bought it... I think att should devote the resources to fix what ever the problem is or give people a refund..

Message 27 of 50

Alright. After over an hour of back and forth, getting runarounds, and calling Samsung out on their webpage claiming that the OC is already KitKat, which it currently isn't, this is what I finally got out of their rep. The KitKat 4.4.2 update will be released within a month or two for the device. It's certainly a far cry better than everyone being told that "I have no information for you at this time."

But other than that, it is stuck on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean until then. This information was supposedly coming from the rep's supervisor. As encouraging as the info is that yes, The SGH-i467 Galaxy Note 8 WILL be getting Android 4.4.2 in a month or two, I would still recommend taking this info at face value and not get your hopes up too much.

I've read all around the website and then some and I've seen the frustration apparent in a lot of people, nevermind myself. Still, let's hope that this works out.

Message 28 of 50
Voyager

I hope there is an update soon. If not I might consider selling. I was offered $50 for mine as well as a hundred dollar early termination fee from the local at&t here. My tablet is only a month old but since it has an issue with screen being laggy thats all they said I could get for it. Oh well I only paid $400 for it.

Message 29 of 50
Teacher

Lucky I got it hot off the press and paid $600

Message 30 of 50
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support