For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jcwillia1's profile

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

Tuesday, November 24th, 2015 7:35 PM

Gigapower Pricing

So gigapower is available for me as of today but the website doesn't reflect it yet.

Can anyone tell me what Chicaog GigaPower Pricing is?

I currently have Max Plus and U200 and I'm trying to estimate my incremental cost but I've been on chat with AT&T reps twice today and they are just giving me the run around - I don't want to call in and talk to someone on the phone.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

nah - I'm probably one of very few people who can actually make use of full gigabit, plus the cost difference is almost nothing so I went with the full loaded gigabit.

If it turns out that it doesn't bear out in speed tests I will downgrade after a year.  I have to believe that I'm in the best possible situation for it though.  Literally everything back to the switching station has been built fairly recently for me.

We'll see.

The main thing I'm hoping for is a bump in video quality.  The buffering and the "softness" of online/youtube video has been quite annoying since we moved into this house.  I tried to watch Vevo on my XBox One earlier this year and it buffered no less than four times per song.  It was just a bad experience.

I would also like to see my U-verse TV video get better but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

We'll find out next weekend!

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

install is done - had to explain to the guy several times that I only wanted modem functionality and not wireless or router but I think he finally figured it out.  Unfortunately I had to be at work while the install was happening but it sounded like it went ok.

will find out tonight!

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

so is this gigabit?

speedtest

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

Try a couple servers just to make sure.  If all give you the same bandwidth, then I'd Private Message (PM)  ATTU-verseCare and see what they tell you.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

ran 3 tests - none of them exceeded 300.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

all better!

b 

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

What did you do to fix it?  I had install today (in north suburb of Chicago) and am also only getting 50 Mb/s upload.  Download is fine.  I told tech I thought it was suppsed to be symmetrical, and he said, oh I guess they changed it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

bump....

Any update to this question?  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

I contacted ATTU-verseCare  through this board, and they sent a repair tech out.  Did some tests and then replaced the gateway.  That resolved it.  Now I reliably get 300 down and up.  Bad gateway I guess.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

... My 2 Lil pennies... 1st off, Im just gonna say it bc someone needs too, price gouging... 2. Who does contracts anymore? I'm not... eyesight for the small print is just to small for me to see anymore... 3. Umm yeah, I'm blunt, right now I have way more electronic communication devices in my family that my husband could easily entertain his command & probably their families too.. We have no lagging.. way to many channels... & I just talked the company down to almost $110/mo & No One Monitors our computer usage... That just seems to be like a new court case waiting to happen... "ohhh it was just so awful judge, I have been in a major medical depression state just thinking about the employees monitoring my own computer ... I know that they are lol'd @ my my my rear end enhancements.. I was soo flat in rear end"...

But seriously though that could happen..

But I don't think I will ever pay that price, sorry AT&T.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.