For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jessyager's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 7:15 PM

i38HG Trying to allow router to hande internet traffic with wireless TV access point...

I have an i38HG with a Motorola VAP2500. I want to use my ASUS RT-N12 router to forward my ports from the internet to specific devices on my intranet as well as allow it to manage my main network. I had previously followed these instructions to allow this functionality: http://steamforge.net/wiki/index.php/How_to_Setup_a_DD-WRT_Router_with_AT%26T_U-verse  .

The setup was working fine until a day and a half later when my tv's that ran off of the wireless access point stopped recieving Uverse TV data. The units could connect to the access point but would simply tell me that service was not currently available. I left the VAP2500 connected to the i38HG which was allowed to assign enough IP addresses on its own subnet to cover the 4 ports on the back.

My best guess is when my external IP address changed the access point for the TV service could not update and get data for some reason on the i38HG's subnet... Is there any way for me to configure my i38HG to allow my router to manage incoming internet traffic and the intranet without messing up my TV's that are connected wirelessly?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

So I am pretty sure I figured out what was causing my issue was. The instructions in the link I provided in my first post it instructed me to limit the IP pool on the i38HG to 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.5, 4 IP addresses. With my setup I needed more IP assresses and so the wireless recievers were not able to get IP addresses since those were tha last things I hooked up.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

There's no reason why your setup shouldn't work, provided that none of your U-verse IPTV equipment (including the VAP2500) are on a separate Ethernet LAN leg from the ASUS router.

How are the i3812, i38HG,  VAP2500, the DVR (and any wired set tops) and the ASUS router connected together?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your response. I previously had the Setup as follows:

ASUS RT-N12

/  

i3812  ->IPSU2 (Battery Backup) -> i38HG ->                           ISB7005 (WiFi TV)

\                                                             \                       /

IPN4320 (Wired TV Reciever                 VAP2500 ->

\

ISB7005 (WiFi TV)

(I may not correctly see where the battery backup is in the whole setup. It makes more sense to me that it would be the first object in the layout.)

I was under the impression that the VAP2500 had to be plugged into the i38HG to function properly. Should I try plugging the VAP2500 into the ASUS with myprevious setup?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

Yep, that woulda done it.  And no, you shouldn't hook the VAP into the ASUS.  Some ASUS routers are supposed to support IPTV now (via IGMP processing), but I'm not convinced it works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.