teckman45's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 1:43 AM

cannot access gateway 5031nv

Hi, Im on my second modem in 3 months. My new modem is a pace 5031nv. I cant seem to enter it using 192.168.1.254. The diagnostics reads it is online but wont connect to this IP addy. Any ideas or help? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Hi, well I got it to work Smiley LOL, I installed a plug in for XP. Thanks again.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hello teckman45,

Much apologies for all the issues you are having with our modems. The first thing you want to check is your default gateway. If you are using a machine with a Windows OS, you can go to the command prompt through the programs menu and then going to accessories. In the command prompt, type in ipconfig and it should bring up your network connections, including your default gateway, should be 192.168.1.254.

From there, pull up a browser and type your default gateway in for the URL. You may want to try to clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser.

If it is still not coming up, you will probably need to reset your gateway by holding down the red reset button on the back of the modem for 10 seconds.

Let us know if you are still having problems by sending us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-David T

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the info. I will try the reset and see what happens.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Just wanted to check in with you, but did that help fix the issue? If not, we would be glad to assist further.

-David T

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Hi, not yet. Here is where im at. I called support last week and after some tests determined the gateway was defective. She had a new one sent, It is due to arrive today (a week later). I called back later that day and spoke with a differant Rep. who said there was outside static on the line.

This Rep. had a teck, come to my house saturday morning and he replaced the gateway and switched me to a differant box.

The note on the shipping info. shows I'll get a new gateway today and my service will be started on 10/3. I am going to wait until tommarrow then reset the gateway so I have options and equipment on hand if there is a problem. I'll keep you updated with the results.

Thank you,

Robert

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Note: My service seems to be working properly.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

I am glad we are proactively trying to better your service, but apologize that we still haven't resolved the main issue you have. Definitely, keep us posted. I look forward to hearing back from you.

-David T

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

That is awesome! I am glad you were able to get everything up and running.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What plug did you install to login to the router? I keep getting 404-Not found

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I signed into att.net normally. I navigated to the trouble shooting section. Navigate to the browser section. Find the plugin for IE 8. Follow the instructions to install.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.