Bothan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 11:21 PM

WPS light blinking on AT&T router NVG589 after connected to Netgear WN2500RP (dual band) repeater

The repeater still works after the red light on the router starts blinking (usually).  Sometimes I loose the repeaters signal and have to reconnect it to the router (by pressing the WPS button on both).  Anyway how to I get it to stop and what are the consequences of the the WPS light blinking on the router in the case where the repeater remains working?  This happens usually after an hour or two of the repeater working properly.  The lights on the repeater indicate all is well when this issue occurs (I don't remember what the lights on the repeater say when it completely disconnects, I imagine they just show that it is not connected...)

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @Bothan ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with the NVG589 router, but I will be glad to help. My only thoughts for this strange occurence is that the WN2500RP is connecting through both WPS and wireless connections. Beacuse of this, when the WPS is showing issues and the WN2500RP is still working, it is because it is connected over the wireless. One thing worth trying is resetting the connection on your WN2500RP and trying the connection once again. I would suggest doing a wireless only connection and disable the WPS on the NVG589. If you are still noticing problems, it may be the U-verse router having issues, and I can definitely help get that replaced.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.