Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Mar 31, 2014
6:16:51 AM
WD MyCloud and external connectivity issues.
I have had my WD My Cloud set-up since The beginning of 2014. It has worked flawlessly other than the slow (100Mbs), non-gigabit, service provided by the 2Wire routers. I can access the My Cloud through my LAN, but when I try to access it remotely through my iPhone, of even the computer, it no longer works. When I email links for files from the My Cloud for friends and family to access, it no longer works and it worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

All of these functions worked up until very recently, I'd say within the month.

Can you help me fix this problem or give me an explanation as to why functionality would change for this device all of a sudden. All software and hardware for the MyCloud is up to date. This has to be an issue with the gateway.

I have searched this forum and while there is a related post to this one, there was never a definitive answer the the question. Just links to other issues that didn't solve this particular problem.
I have had my WD My Cloud set-up since The beginning of 2014. It has worked flawlessly other than the slow (100Mbs), non-gigabit, service provided by the 2Wire routers. I can access the My Cloud through my LAN, but when I try to access it remotely through my iPhone, of even the computer, it no longer works. When I email links for files from the My Cloud for friends and family to access, it no longer works and it worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

All of these functions worked up until very recently, I'd say within the month.

Can you help me fix this problem or give me an explanation as to why functionality would change for this device all of a sudden. All software and hardware for the MyCloud is up to date. This has to be an issue with the gateway.

I have searched this forum and while there is a related post to this one, there was never a definitive answer the the question. Just links to other issues that didn't solve this particular problem.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 1, 2014 10:36:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

@SigPiPup 

Have you not gotten any communications from Western Digital.  I recieved and email last week and another one again this morning:

*** Please do NOT reply to this email ****

Dear WD Customer,

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Western Digital

It's not your internet that's the issue, it's on WD.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

WD MyCloud and external connectivity issues.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 11:36:39 AM
(0)
Tutor
Ok. How about this, since there appears to be difficulty finding a solution to my problem.

Will all of my problems be fixed if I run my own wireless router behind the RG? Is that just the better way to go? If so, what exactly will be the improvements/benefits? I won't ask how to set that up since that seems to be a popular option.
Ok. How about this, since there appears to be difficulty finding a solution to my problem.

Will all of my problems be fixed if I run my own wireless router behind the RG? Is that just the better way to go? If so, what exactly will be the improvements/benefits? I won't ask how to set that up since that seems to be a popular option.

Re: WD MyCloud and external connectivity issues.

2 of 6 (2,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 1, 2014 10:36:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

@SigPiPup 

Have you not gotten any communications from Western Digital.  I recieved and email last week and another one again this morning:

Dear WD Customer,

We continue to make progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers, but some users continue to experience intermittent connectivity and transfer speed issues. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we are working very hard to resolve these issues and resume normal service for everyone as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Western Digital

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

@SigPiPup 

Dear WD Customer,

Sincerely,
Western Digital

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (2,347 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 10:48:50 AM
(0)
Tutor
Well that answers that question. Thank You!!
Well that answers that question. Thank You!!

4 of 6 (2,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 11:31:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You're welcome.  I'm surprised you haven't gotten any emails from them.

You're welcome.  I'm surprised you haven't gotten any emails from them.

5 of 6 (2,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 11:37:51 AM
(0)
Tutor
That is strange. I'm registered with then so unsoiled have. Apparently there still isn't a fix for the issue and they aren't being too forthcoming with ETAs. Hopefully soon.
That is strange. I'm registered with then so unsoiled have. Apparently there still isn't a fix for the issue and they aren't being too forthcoming with ETAs. Hopefully soon.

6 of 6 (2,332 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments