Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 2, 2014
11:22:59 AM
Uverse gateway gets really warm

I have a Pace Uverse gateway that is the hub for my tv, internet, and telephone service that gets really warm.  It is currently laying flat on my desk and is about 1 year old.  Is it normal for it to get really warm or is this the sign that something is wrong wiith it?  Thank you in advance for the help.

I have a Pace Uverse gateway that is the hub for my tv, internet, and telephone service that gets really warm.  It is currently laying flat on my desk and is about 1 year old.  Is it normal for it to get really warm or is this the sign that something is wrong wiith it?  Thank you in advance for the help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 2, 2014 10:24:25 PM
(0)
Employee
The Uverse gateways are designed to be upright not in a horizontial position. For maximum airflow there should be several inches of free space on either side... not on the floor... not on a soft surface... not in an enclosed area. Best top of computer desk or similar structure. Should have easy access to observe front panel and reset the RG using Red button on back of RG.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Uverse gateway gets really warm

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 2, 2014 10:24:25 PM
(0)
Employee
The Uverse gateways are designed to be upright not in a horizontial position. For maximum airflow there should be several inches of free space on either side... not on the floor... not on a soft surface... not in an enclosed area. Best top of computer desk or similar structure. Should have easy access to observe front panel and reset the RG using Red button on back of RG.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

The Uverse gateways are designed to be upright not in a h...

2 of 6 (862 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2014 11:05:44 AM
(0)
Teacher

Ok, thank you for the tip. So if I put the gateway into a vertical position, I should not have any issues like this anymore?

Ok, thank you for the tip. So if I put the gateway into a vertical position, I should not have any issues like this anymore?

Re: The Uverse gateways are designed to be upright not in a h...

3 of 6 (835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 3:19:10 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @mamabearlongs,

Just checking up on your post. Is your Gateway doing alright? Has it gotten hot since placing it up vertically?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @mamabearlongs,

Just checking up on your post. Is your Gateway doing alright? Has it gotten hot since placing it up vertically?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Re: Uverse gateway gets really warm

4 of 6 (781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2014 6:08:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

Hi @mamabearlongs,

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

I would like to know if this helped out. 

ATTU-verseCare wrote:

Hi @mamabearlongs,

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

I would like to know if this helped out. 

5 of 6 (455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2014 4:19:14 PM
(0)
Teacher

Your solution did fix the problem with the Uverse gateway.  Thank you for the advice.

Your solution did fix the problem with the Uverse gateway.  Thank you for the advice.

6 of 6 (386 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments