tavasko's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 1:38 AM

Uverse Freezes and looses signal often

I have had Uverse for 5 years now, for the first 4 years the system has work flawlessly. In the past 12 months my services has been terrible, it TV freezes, looses signal, etc. I have the gateway replaced 3 times, the DVR replaced 3 times. We have nit changed anything on the network, two tv cat 5, rest are coax. Internet/phone work great. 

In addition to the freezing, recorded shoes are often blocky, and unwatchable.

The last technician told my wife we are to far from the main hub??? We are in a new subdivision, believe it or not I am considering going back to Comcast at least then I could understand the problems, ATT Uverse has just degraded over time.

Can any one help Me, i a tired of installing boxes.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Couldnt figure out how to pose but I put the images in my gallery,

https://forums.att.com/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/18543i39E120BD1281E1ED

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

1800' feet is not on the fringe; you've got plenty of signal looking at the numbers.  But you do have errors that you shouldn't have.   AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 should be able to help you.  If they cannot, let us know here.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks  The tech replaced connectors in the box outside and in the attic, replaced the modem.  we will see.  I am close to saying adios to ATT

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

If you've already been through the 800 number and tech visits, you may wish to click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your issue. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

I'd provide your Billing Account Number and/or any ticket numbers you've got, plus provide them with the best way to contact you.  They'll stay on the case until your issue is resolved.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks!  I hate to change everything but paying $200 plus per month not including cell, it is hard to justify the reasoning of staying with ATT

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks!  I will post the results.  The tech was very good and straight forward.  Hopefully he fixed the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My Uverse is now freezing @ 10 times per night. I am not resetting or unplugging anything that much. I too am seriously considering COMCAST although I absolutely detest their customer service. I pay too much money for cable to get blue screens all night. I pay too much money to down load anything to repair their service that I pay for. Seriously?? I want to relax and not work on my TV all night. AT&T needs to fix this ASAP or I'm going back to CC holding my nose all the way.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Soccerwoman,

I apologize about all the issues you are having with your service, and I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a private message to gather further information.

-David T

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,  I've had the att uverse for over a year and a half.  I've had problems with the TV always losing signal.  I've had the WAP replaced and that fixed the problem for about 5 - 6 months.  Now it's losing signal again.  It seems to happen around the same time from 2pm-630pm.  It is getting annoying.  The tech I last spoke to said if this happened again.  She suggested to have the gateway replaced with the newer model.  My understanding was that when we switched over to uverse, we got the older model of gateway, WAP and STB.  Do you think that is the solution?  Thanks

Joel

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@jmacam45 wrote:

Hello,  I've had the att uverse for over a year and a half.  I've had problems with the TV always losing signal.  I've had the WAP replaced and that fixed the problem for about 5 - 6 months.  Now it's losing signal again.  It seems to happen around the same time from 2pm-630pm.  It is getting annoying.  The tech I last spoke to said if this happened again.  She suggested to have the gateway replaced with the newer model.  My understanding was that when we switched over to uverse, we got the older model of gateway, WAP and STB.  Do you think that is the solution?  Thanks

Joel

Welcome to the forums...don't be a stranger.

Keep in mind that it's always best to start a new thread, rather than respond to one from a year ago. This way, no one is mistakenly responding to posts from eons ago.

Perhaps the newer models are what you want. I would call 800-228-2020 and ask to speak to someone in tech support. They'll probably make you go through all the usual steps of resetting all your boxes, but you might be able to save time by doing this before you call in. Ask them to run "line tests" on your equipment. When you can, tell them about the previous tech and what he said. They may want to send a tech out to check things and possibly replace boxes.

Since you've already had a tech, you *might* be able to get away with having them UPS the equipment out...if they still do that. Assuming they do, they'll include a prepaid label. Put the old equipment in the box and drop it off at any UPS store at no charge to you. Atlernatively, if you want a tech to come out and do that stuff for you, that's fine as well.

I had them mail a DVR to me and it was fairly easy... plug it in, let it go through the steps, and voila. Your situation might be different...it's impossible for me to know via the internet.

Once you get all working again, call the retentions department, politely explain your travails, and they'll give you a nice promotion or two. IMO you shouldn't have to pay full price for faulty service. (And when those promotions end, call back.) If they give you free HBO for three months or something similar, keep in mind those free trials will not end automatically..it's up to you to call back if you don't want to pay full price for the Sports Pack or HBO or the Movie Pack or whatever. I've found that reminders in my phone work. Others may choose to write them down on a calendar or use sticky notes near the TV. "HBO ends on 11/11/14" or whatever."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.