For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
eiredalte's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 4:50 PM

Using Linksys WRT54G with U-Verse Pace 5031nv

I recently switched from AT&T DSL to U-Verse. As part of the process, they replaced my existing SpeedStream modem+Linksys WRT54G setup with a Pace 5031NV gateway that handles the jobs of both of the former devices. However, I feel like the wireless from this new device is way spottier on my iPhone and iPad than the Linksys ever was. Every so often (every 15 minutes or so), a page will refuse to load until I close out of a browser entirely and go back into it. I even had to hook up my Xbox 360 with an Ethernet cable directly to the gateway in order to make it stop dropping the signal so I could connect to Xbox Live/use Netflix, which never happened with the plain vanilla DSL.

Is there a way to make the gateway just handle modem duty and hook my old WRT54G to handle the WiFi that involves little-to-no dark magicks? Every guide I've researched seems to start about 4 steps into the process or only covers specific gateway-router combinations. I'm under the impression that the 5031NV has no true bridge mode?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 years ago

The NV 5031 has no true bridge mode, but you can put your router behind it in "IP Passthrough" mode and turn off some of the additional filters (if you so desire) and be pretty close.

Searching these forums will give you quite a few suggestions.  I'd point you to this one to start you off: https://forums.att.com/t5/Third-Party-Devices/How-to-Bridge-PACE-5031-NV-to-3rd-Party-Router/m-p/3612175

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.