spd2demun's profile

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 5:35 PM

Unhappy Kool-Aid Drinker

I just happened to be working in my home office today, and watched the RG lose total sync twice within a 2-3 hr. period.

Only 1 HD channel on (direct Ethernet to RG) and using main desktop connected to RG.  No appliances running or lights on, just me and the sunlight doing my work.

This is getting REALLY tiresome!  And no telling how many times it's happening when I'm not here.  (No, I haven't looked at the logs yet.)

Rarely do I see total signal loss at night now (during those alleged nightly maint. hours), but it happens several times a week during the day.

Should I call Comcrap?  This is how bad it's getting!

Smiley Sad

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for posting.  Enjoy.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Happy to hear your model 3801 is working.  They sent me one last Friday to replace the old style RG that suddenly died.  This 3801 is terrible.   It appears the electrical shielding is faulty.  Any large electrical motors near it, like a vacuum causes it to go red.  Any T-storms in the area cause it to reboot dozens of times per hour.  And with the rain this week, it has been difficult to watch TV or use the internet. The old unit was in our exercise room (where the line came into the house).  It ran there for years.  With this one, the minute we turn on the treadmill, it goes red, even though the treadmill is on a totally different electrical circuit. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well, so much for my post yesterday, about electrical shielding/interference.  AT&T U-verse tech came out today.  Right away he said it was a line problem.  He went to the pole box a block away and found a bird's nest that was letting rain into the box.  That was dropping the line value so low, that any electrical interference would drop the line value below minimums causing the RG to reboot. Now with the higher line value, electrical interference will have some effect but not drop the value so low the RG re-boots.  Even the treadmill does not kill the RG anymore.  Kudos to Chris from AT&T Milwaukee.  He found that one right away instead of putting in a ticket to get a line guy out to climb the pole.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.