spd2demun's profile

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 5:35 PM

Unhappy Kool-Aid Drinker

I just happened to be working in my home office today, and watched the RG lose total sync twice within a 2-3 hr. period.

Only 1 HD channel on (direct Ethernet to RG) and using main desktop connected to RG.  No appliances running or lights on, just me and the sunlight doing my work.

This is getting REALLY tiresome!  And no telling how many times it's happening when I'm not here.  (No, I haven't looked at the logs yet.)

Rarely do I see total signal loss at night now (during those alleged nightly maint. hours), but it happens several times a week during the day.

Should I call Comcrap?  This is how bad it's getting!

Smiley Sad

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Ya, it rebooted again.  Looking more and more like a bad RG.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I'll tell them you said so. j/k! 

No need to plug it in elsewhere, IMO; it's on the way out. 

And you mentioned the newer model; I thought some techs said they were having troubles with them on coax installs?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

No, the problem with the 3801HGV's was on FTTP installs, and I think that has been corrected in the latest firmware.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

OK, I guess I'm always looking for a way to ditch the coax. Smiley Very Happy

Will let all know how it goes.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

Ever since getting a new RG (and both regular STB's and the DVR replaced and some new connectors) my RG reboots have practically vanished!  I was getting 2-3 per day and now maybe 2 a month.  

SJ had mentioned that the RG may be flipping to battery power from the battery backup.  Does it not beep when it is on battery?  Mine does.

I do not have U-Voice but have a battery back up.  Tier 2 said that it is redundant, can cause problems, I do not need it and so on.  The last inside tech said that i should leave it in place as it does have a filter to remove line noise and stabilize the AC.  Is that correct?

Good luck, Spd.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

It's been increasing in incidents, and no, I mentioned earlier that the backup is not beeping.  It still works because the beeps start when there's a power outage.

I don't have Voice, but my install had many problems; their last effort was to run Cat5 from the NID and the tech brought his manager with him, and the manager told the tech to go buy a battery backup!

We had another meltdown this morning around 8:30.  Smiley Mad

I'm kind of busy the next few weeks, but will be calling to get it replaced.

That is good that you are problem-free.  With all the problems I had with the initial install, I doubt they'll go the extra mile again for a rip-and-rebuild like you got!  But it may be the next step because this is UNACCEPTABLE.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

I wonder what the "life" is for some of that equipment.  I'm coming up on 3 and 1/2 years.  Things seem to be working fine, but the freezes and occasional outages are increasing.  Last time I talked to tier 2, they said it looked like I had a bridge tap and they may have to send someone out to dig up the cable and find it!  Based on what I've read lately about digging up yards, I'm reluctant to get that mess started.  Guess I'll wait 'til something really bad happens. Smiley Sad  Hope they get you fixed up, Spd!

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I know, and why I need to set aside time to deal with this--all those RG settings to screenshot! 

SJ already recommended I do a Reset a while back since I have 2 or more long lines of numbers/letters in my Blocked MAC Addy page!

This is my 2nd RG, since mid-2007.  Nothing was wrong with the original, but that's how they decided to fix the Wireless situation here.

Not looking forward to any of this. Smiley Sad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

Ever since getting a new RG (and both regular STB's and the DVR replaced and some new connectors) my RG reboots have practically vanished!  I was getting 2-3 per day and now maybe 2 a month.  

SJ had mentioned that the RG may be flipping to battery power from the battery backup.  Does it not beep when it is on battery?  Mine does.

I do not have U-Voice but have a battery back up.  Tier 2 said that it is redundant, can cause problems, I do not need it and so on.  The last inside tech said that i should leave it in place as it does have a filter to remove line noise and stabilize the AC.  Is that correct?

Good luck, Spd.

I had my "two per month" twice on Saturday, within 10 minutes of each other. Smiley Mad  Could have been the wind causing a brief power loss or UV signal loss.  My wife said that it rebooted today, during strong T-Storms.  Wonder if a ground or diplexor may be getting flaky on mine?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Oh, boy. Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.