Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 12, 2014
10:02:54 PM
View profile
Third party 802.11n router behind the RG?

Any problem with putting a Cisco (Linksys) 802.11n router behind the RG and turning off the wireless in the RG?

Thanks

Any problem with putting a Cisco (Linksys) 802.11n router behind the RG and turning off the wireless in the RG?

Thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 15, 2014 6:30:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can set it up as a router, or if you just want the 802.11n access without the additional router functionality, you can configure it to act as an access point:

Access Point: see post 13 in this thread

Router: see post 2 in this thread

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Third party 802.11n router behind the RG?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 3:23:55 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @MBinEbay ,

There is definitely no problem with it, as that is the way I have it setup. If you do have any issues with the configurations, let us know what issues you are encountering, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @MBinEbay ,

There is definitely no problem with it, as that is the way I have it setup. If you do have any issues with the configurations, let us know what issues you are encountering, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Third party 802.11n router behind the RG?

2 of 5 (618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 15, 2014 6:30:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can set it up as a router, or if you just want the 802.11n access without the additional router functionality, you can configure it to act as an access point:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (597 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 12:58:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

Great.  Thanks for the confirmation!

Great.  Thanks for the confirmation!

4 of 5 (576 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 12:59:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks tp JefferMC as well for the additional links!

Thanks tp JefferMC as well for the additional links!

5 of 5 (574 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments