Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jun 24, 2012
11:53:07 AM
View profile
Thinking about getting U-verse, question about hardware setup

Hello,

I do not have U-verse yet, but am thinking about getting it, specifically TV and internet. For various reasons I do not want to include my existing phone service (which is with AT&T) in the U-verse bundle. My current setup with the phones is that I have two phone lines (billed separately) with phones connected to various phone jacks throughout the house.

My question is: Once the U-verse installation is complete, will the existing phone hardware setup continue to work, or will it have to be changed?

John

Hello,

I do not have U-verse yet, but am thinking about getting it, specifically TV and internet. For various reasons I do not want to include my existing phone service (which is with AT&T) in the U-verse bundle. My current setup with the phones is that I have two phone lines (billed separately) with phones connected to various phone jacks throughout the house.

My question is: Once the U-verse installation is complete, will the existing phone hardware setup continue to work, or will it have to be changed?

John

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 24, 2012 12:45:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can keep your AT&T landlines with U-verse internet and U-verse TV.  No phone hardware changes would be needed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Thinking about getting U-verse, question about hardware setup

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 12:44:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jalcaraz50 - Yor phone setup should not be impacted.

In January 2007 I had the exact same situation - Two POTS phones installing U-verse TV & internet. No impact to phones.

Installed NID on outside of house breaks out phone connection (existing phone feed) & RG connection (existing coax cable feed).

Since then I have disconnected the second phone line, which also did not have any impact on the remaining POTS line or U-verse service.

jalcaraz50 - Yor phone setup should not be impacted.

In January 2007 I had the exact same situation - Two POTS phones installing U-verse TV & internet. No impact to phones.

Installed NID on outside of house breaks out phone connection (existing phone feed) & RG connection (existing coax cable feed).

Since then I have disconnected the second phone line, which also did not have any impact on the remaining POTS line or U-verse service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Thinking about getting U-verse, question about hardware setup

2 of 4 (580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 24, 2012 12:45:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You can keep your AT&T landlines with U-verse internet and U-verse TV.  No phone hardware changes would be needed.

3 of 4 (579 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 12:52:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response, guys!

Thanks for the quick response, guys!