afkouns's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 6:56 PM

Signal explanation please.

I was having all sorts of problems with u-verse until they put a new "card" in at the v-rad.  I'm told it had cross battery and needed to be replaced.  Since then I have got this new green segment on the far left.  Can anyone tell me why it wasn't there before and it's there now?  I'm on the same profile as far as I know.

Bitloading-2013-02-03-08-38-50.png

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

The card can indeed change the line conditions, including cross-talk with other customers, more/less interference, etc. Those changes can the impact how the bits need to be allocated on the line.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Need the IP/Profile & Error table tabs. Make sure that in Configuration, that you check the box to hide personal info, before posting the IP/Profile tab.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm just confused why it wasn't there and now it is.  Seems odd.

Stats-2013-02-09-13-43-40.png

Stats-2013-02-09-13-43-40.png

2 Attachments

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Send a Private message to Somejoe777, and he can probably tell you more about the "USO in use", and about the upload to the left. It could do with how you are currently setup, due to the bad card at VRad.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Press the S key in the Bitloading chart to see what happens. I am thinking that you have a Upstream 0 & Upstream 1 band, which is not common with the profile you are on.

That could be why you are seeing the odd stats, and the US0 in use is what the last part is stating, that it is showing Upstream 0. Pair bonding is my thought on your hookup, but not really clear at this point.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

He's the one that advised me to post this here.

I also hit "S" and it does nothing.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

On the 32/5 profile, the system needs to allocate about 6.0 Mbps of raw bandwidth in the upload direction to provide the 5.0 Mbps of user bandwidth. For most user installations, there is sufficient room in the US1 upload band (3.8 - 5.2 MHz) to allocate all of the bits there.

In your case, there is not enough available bandwidth in the US1 band, so the RG and VRAD have negotiated to add additional bandwidth in the US0 band (32 - 128 kHz).

This is unusual for a non-pair-bonded installation, and especially unusual for being as close to the VRAD as you are (1000'). This is an indicator that something is wrong with the line, possibly interference or bridge tap.

You may want to call technical support, have them run a line test, and then send out a technician if their test shows problems.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

According to all the previous techs that have been here I'm over 1500 and less than 1600' away. I'm the last one on the run according to the outside line tech that replaced the card at the vrad. The service has been good since the new card, but the new green portion has thrown me. What specifically should I ask tier 2 support to do?

I forgot to add I'm on a 24 down 3 meg up connection.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Just have them run a line test and see if they see anything wrong.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I called tier 2 tonight to have them run tests on the line.  I was told that I'm not on a bonded pair.  There are zero errors upstream or downstream.  I had the tech run a Realtime LPA and it came back solid green with zero errors as well.

I guess besides the addition of the green segment at the lower frequency that the only noticeable addition is that it says "USO in Use" where as before it didn't.  I don't know what "USO in Use" means as well as the Upstream 0, so I thought I'd ask to find out more and be more knowledgable about my setup.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.