For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
twentw's profile

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 4:44 AM

Setting up router/WAP

I'm setting up a new wireless router that's connected directly to my RG.  The router gets its "WAN" ip from the RG - in this case 192.168.1.85.  The default "LAN" ip is on a different subnet - 192.168.0.x.  But this creates problems with my wireless devices not being able to access the rest of my network.  So, I try to change the LAN ip address of the router to a 192.168.1.x number, and I get the error: Error Code 5008. WAN IP address and LAN IP address cannot be in the same subnet. Please input another IP address."

I've setup routers like this before without any problem.  Does anyone know how I can get all my devices on the same subnet?  The router is a TP-Link N750.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

Check this one from Computer Joe:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Using-my-own-router-is-this-possible/m-p/2558691#M21476

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

11 years ago

SomeJoe - I guess I should have known that since the link was me asking the same question 2 years ago. Anyway, it works fine when I set it up that way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.