U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 3, 2014
8:15:10 PM
View profile
Set Time Limits on U-Verse Internet Router

I have

ManufacturerMotorola
Model NumberNVG589

How can I set some devices to only have access during a time window.  Say, I want to block some devices between the hours of 10PM and 6AM?

I have

ManufacturerMotorola
Model NumberNVG589

How can I set some devices to only have access during a time window.  Say, I want to block some devices between the hours of 10PM and 6AM?

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 7, 2014 9:20:40 AM
(1)
Employee

Hey sosebee05,

You'll want to download AT&T Smart Controls to your computer. 

- Visit http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-InternetParentalControls

- Click Download Now on the right side of the page

Note: You'll need your att.net login for the free download. 

-----

Smart Controls has a few more features in addition to setting timers as well:

• Customize profiles for each family member and set appropriate limits for their online usage.
  • Block access to specific services such as email, messenger, chat groups, music and message boards.
  • Allows children to request permission to visit unauthorized websites and lets you approve access.
  • View your child's online activities including mail and Internet surfing history with report cards.
  • Conveniently manage account settings from any web-connected computer.
  • Tamper controls alert you if others attempt to change the settings.
  • Manage your setting with a master account that can activate parental controls on up to 10 sub accounts.
  • An online timer limits the amount of time users can spend online.

Enjoy!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Set Time Limits on U-Verse Internet Router

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 7, 2014 9:20:40 AM
(1)
Employee

Hey sosebee05,

-----

• Customize profiles for each family member and set appropriate limits for their online usage.
  • Block access to specific services such as email, messenger, chat groups, music and message boards.
  • Allows children to request permission to visit unauthorized websites and lets you approve access.
  • View your child's online activities including mail and Internet surfing history with report cards.
  • Manage your setting with a master account that can activate parental controls on up to 10 sub accounts.

Enjoy!

Hey sosebee05,

-----

Enjoy!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Set Time Limits on U-Verse Internet Router

2 of 5 (10,996 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2014 11:05:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

Does this software allow the administrator to limit time for all devices?  It appears it is only useable on the device that it is installed on.   I don't see any tab that controls individual devices on the behalf the the Uverse router

Does this software allow the administrator to limit time for all devices?  It appears it is only useable on the device that it is installed on.   I don't see any tab that controls individual devices on the behalf the the Uverse router

3 of 5 (10,400 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2014 6:29:41 PM
(1)
Employee

The Uverse RGs do not have parental controls....

If this is a feature you desire will need to purchase your own router and place behind the Uverse RG.

If you have a Pace/2Wire product will be using DMZ mode while Motorola products will be IP pass through.

Check link on main forum page for setting 3rd party devices for more information.

The Uverse RGs do not have parental controls....

If this is a feature you desire will need to purchase your own router and place behind the Uverse RG.

If you have a Pace/2Wire product will be using DMZ mode while Motorola products will be IP pass through.

Check link on main forum page for setting 3rd party devices for more information.

4 of 5 (10,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2015 3:26:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

I Smart Controls software available for Windows 8.1 users? What is the link? Thanks!

I Smart Controls software available for Windows 8.1 users? What is the link? Thanks!

5 of 5 (5,658 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments