houston01's profile

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

Friday, May 4th, 2012 11:17 AM

Security Camera Pinholes

I have 3 Samsung Security Cameras and 1 Samsung NVR (Network Video Recorder)  I've read the other posts on pinholes including the loopback issue.  My quesiton is do I need to create a user defined app for each one with a one port range for each IP address or do I create one with a 4 port range and apply the one to all 4 ip address?

4 application profile layout?

camera one (port 8080)

camera two (port 8081)

camera three (port 8082)

nvr (port 8083)

1 application profile layout?

security (port 8080-8083)

with the 1 application profile layout can I apply it to all 4 ip address one at a time?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

OK.  Samsung has made this a whole lot more complicated than it needs to be, but this is doable.

Step 1: Camera Configuration

Go into each camera via the web interface, and change the settings as follows:

Camera 1

IP: 192.168.1.21

HTTP Port: 80

VNP Port: 4520

RTSP Port: 3000

Viewer Port: 4520

Camera 2

IP: 192.168.1.22

VNP Port: 4521

RTSP Port: 3001

Viewer Port: 4521

Camera 3

IP: 192.168.1.23

VNP Port: 4522

RTSP Port: 3002

Viewer Port: 4522

Now, verify that all 3 cameras work on the LAN:

http://192.168.1.21

http://192.168.1.22

http://192.168.1.23

Step 2: RG Configuration

First, remove all existing firewall policies from the cameras, then do to the custom applications and delete them.  This is so you start with no rules in place.

Camera 1

Go to the firewall configuration page on the router: http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_3_1

1. Select camera 1's IP address or name in the computer list.

2. Select "Allow Individual Applications"

3. Click on "Add a new user-defined application"

4. Application profile name: "Camera 1"

5. Protocol: TCP

6. Port Range: From: 8080 To: 8080

7. Protocol Timeout:

8. Map to Host Port: 80

9. Application Type:

10. Click Add To List.

11. Repeat steps 5-10 using the following:

a. UDP from 8080 to 8080, map to host port 80

b. TCP from 943 to 943, map to host port 943

c. TCP from 3000 to 3000, map to host port 3000

d. UDP from 3000 to 3000, map to host port 3000

e. TCP from 4520 to 4520, map to host port 4520

f. UDP from 4520 to 4520, map to host port 4520

12. Now click "Back"

13. Reselect Camera 1's IP address or name in the computer list

14. Select "Allow Individual Applications"

15. Select the "Camera 1" profile from the applications list

16. Click the "Add" button.

17. Click the "Save" button at the bottom.

Camera 2

Go to the firewall configuration page on the router: http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_3_1

1. Select camera 2's IP address or name in the computer list.

4. Application profile name: "Camera 2"

6. Port Range: From: 8081 To: 8081

7. Protocol Timeout:

9. Application Type:

10. Click Add To List.

a. UDP from 8081 to 8081, map to host port 80

b. TCP from 3001 to 3001, map to host port 3001

c. UDP from 3001 to 3001, map to host port 3001

d. TCP from 4521 to 4521, map to host port 4521

e. UDP from 4521 to 4521, map to host port 4521

12. Now click "Back"

13. Reselect Camera 2's IP address or name in the computer list

15. Select the "Camera 2" profile from the applications list

Camera 3

1. Select camera 3's IP address or name in the computer list.

4. Application profile name: "Camera 3"

6. Port Range: From: 8082 To: 8082

7. Protocol Timeout:

9. Application Type:

10. Click Add To List.

a. UDP from 8082 to 8082, map to host port 80

b. TCP from 3002 to 3002, map to host port 3002

c. UDP from 3002 to 3002, map to host port 3002

d. TCP from 4522 to 4522, map to host port 4522

e. UDP from 4522 to 4522, map to host port 4522

12. Now click "Back"

13. Reselect Camera 3's IP address or name in the computer list

15. Select the "Camera 3" profile from the applications list

Now you need to go to a computer outside your network and see if you can get to the cameras as follows:

http://70.x.y.z:8080

http://70.x.y.z:8081

http://70.x.y.z.8082

If this doesn't work, recheck your ports carefully in the custom applications.

Port 943 is apparently used for the Silverlight policy, but not the actual video.  This means that supposedly, when you want to view cameras 2 or 3, the Silverlight policy is actually coming from camera 1, but it's the same policy so it apparently works anyway.  However, be aware that if camera 1 is offline, neither camera 2 nor 3 will work.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@houston01 wrote:

I have 3 Samsung Security Cameras and 1 Samsung NVR (Network Video Recorder)  I've read the other posts on pinholes including the loopback issue.  My quesiton is do I need to create a user defined app for each one with a one port range for each IP address or do I create one with a 4 port range and apply the one to all 4 ip address?

4 application profile layout?

camera one (port 8080)

camera two (port 8081)

camera three (port 8082)

nvr (port 8083)

1 application profile layout?

security (port 8080-8083)

with the 1 application profile layout can I apply it to all 4 ip address one at a time?

4 application profiles, because you can not open the same port to more than one device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

12 years ago

I'm sure I'm missing at least one step but now I have more details to share with hopes of some assistance

my external ip is 70.xyz.xyz.xyz

I have 3 Samsung cameras where I've set static address of 192.168.1.21      192.168.1.22     192.168.1.23 (one for each camera)

Each camera requires the following ports:

HTTP Port 80

VNP Port 4520

RTSP Port 554

Viewer Port 4520

Silver Light Policy Port 943

I've setup the following pinholes but it is not getting the job done

"Selected Computer"     Profile Name      Protocol      Port or Range     Map to Host Port

Camera One                   Camera One         TCP            8080 to 8080              80

Camera Two                   Camera Two         TCP            8081 to 8081              80

Camera Three                Camera Three      TCP            8082 to 8082              80

using canyouseeme.org it confirms that 8080, 8081 and 8082 are open?

I now have 3 "allowed applications", one for each camera

Does each camera need to have 4 "allowed applications", 80, 554, 943, 4520 (for a total of 12)?

Using camera Two as an example would it look like this?

"Selected Computer"     Profile Name       Protocol      Port or Range     Map to Host Port

Camera Two                   Cam Two HTTP      TCP          8081 to 8081                80

Camera Two                   Cam Two RTSP     TCP            554 to 554                 554

Camera Two                   Cam Two Silv          TCP           943 to 943                 943

Camera Two                   Cam Two VNP        TCP          4520 to 4520            4520

What should my URL be when I try to see the camera from outside my network?

70.xyz.xyz.xyz:8081

I think part of my confusion is how is "Port or Range" different from "Map to Host Port"?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Can you post the model number of the cameras? I need to see their user's manual.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

I would think they should be capable of a range of ports for multi-camera setups. Maybe one becomes the master and the rest slaves. Maybe with multiple cameras you need to run server software on a computer.

Edit:

Doh!

I totally missed the DVR in your original post. I'll bet you don't need to address the cameras individually. Just open your access to the DVR as the cameras should be reporting back to the DVR anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

12 years ago

To be honest I'm not worried about using the DVR away from home, but I would like to be able to see the cameras LIVE.  Once I get the cameras working using internet explorer away from home I should be able to get the Samsung iphone APP to work (iPOLiS mobile).  The iphone app works fine when I set the URL to the static IP and I'm on my home network but can't get it to work when I'm using my 70.xyz.xyz.xyz URL.  Another reason I'm not interested in the DVR is because mine is a NVR (network video recorder) and according to Samsung tech support their iphone app doesn't support the NVR's yet...not even the iphone app that was released this week.  As I'm trying to trouble shoot this issue I've learned that Samsung's DVR's are for their analog cameras and NVR's are for network cameras.

I've got two Samsung SNO-5080R and one Samsung SNO-7080R. The SNO-7080R is the newer model so I've referenced its manual.  I've got the latest firmware for the cameras.

www.samsung-security.com/SAMSUNG/upload/Product_Specifications/SNO-7080R_userManual.pdf

pg 26 describes a multiple camera setup but not I'm even more confused because when I talked to Samsung tech support I thought I heard that I need to open up the 4 ports (80,554,943,4520)

As mentioned above the cameras work fine inside the network.  I've got a netgear GS116e switch (with the latest firmware) attached to my 3801 RG.  The cameras are powered by a Netgear GS108PE version 2 (with the latest firmware) which is in turn plugged into the GS116e.

When I type in  70.xyz.xyz.xyz:8080 I get the login screen prompt and when I type in admin 4321 I get the Samsung frame but no image and then it requests a Silverlight download but stalls there.  Similar results using the iphone iPolis iphone app.  No image but it does list the correct model # of the camera and correctly describes the resolution and fps on the profile I selected in the device set-up of the iphone app. (when you set-up a device on the app you don't specify the model or details of the view profile so the app is getting that info from the camera)

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Well, I think we're on the right track with the 8080 for camera one, 8081 for camera two, and so on. Start with assigning the different ports in the cameras (pg 24 in manual) through the manual network/static IP setup. Then it will be a straight through port to port mapping in the RG.

The one thing that throws a wrench in the works is the stupid silverlight, as that port is locked in at 943 and can not be changed. it's also the port the video travels through if I'm reading the manual correctly, or without the security key over 943, video will not pass over the 4500 series ports. From their example though, it would appear that you only need to map port 943 to the first camera.

I would go to microsoft and make sure you have the latest Silverlight runtime installed as well

As far as accessing the cameras from within your network, use their private IP address (192.168.*.*) with no port designation.

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

12 years ago

SomeJoe7777:

P E R F E C T I O N

The detailed steps were absolutely flawless.  I would have never been able to figure it out.  Both the iphone app and computer connect from the outside and it still works within the network.

Thank you for taking the time to read the posts and write a 3 page response.

I cannot thank you enough.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Glad everything's working!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.