Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 3, 2013
8:53:16 PM
View profile
Router NVG510 issues. Please help
Been a customer for a while and overall satisfied. Tonight my router quit. I was updating the kids game on the xbox which is a wired connection and it didn't work. I unplugged the router for 5-10 minutes and plugged it back in. Now all the lights flash red. I have read that this means POST failure. How do I fix this fast as possible? Thanks
Been a customer for a while and overall satisfied. Tonight my router quit. I was updating the kids game on the xbox which is a wired connection and it didn't work. I unplugged the router for 5-10 minutes and plugged it back in. Now all the lights flash red. I have read that this means POST failure. How do I fix this fast as possible? Thanks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 4, 2013 3:59:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Can try factory reset RG, unplug, depress button above power cpnnection back of RG while plugging in.
If this does not resolve issue then need a new RG.

The 510 is a purchased unit, new purchase $100, if less than a year old, needto sent back to ATT via UPS for $100 credit.

The new RG can be shipped direct, you replace or schedule a tech visit requiring a 4 hour appointment window.
If original RG is less than a year, do not let tech take, will not receive credit as tech cannot return unit will just dispose.

If unit is over a year (out of warranty) then spending $100 for new, no credit.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Router NVG510 issues. Please help

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 10:28:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

what router are you use ?

what router are you use ?

Re: Router NVG510 issues. Please help

2 of 6 (1,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 11:05:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
Motorola NGV510 - all lights flashing red at once - POST failure.

Yeah, what exactly does this mean?

Thank you!
Motorola NGV510 - all lights flashing red at once - POST failure.

Yeah, what exactly does this mean?

Thank you!

3 of 6 (1,598 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 4, 2013 3:59:36 AM
(0)
Employee
Can try factory reset RG, unplug, depress button above power cpnnection back of RG while plugging in.

The 510 is a purchased unit, new purchase $100, if less than a year old, needto sent back to ATT via UPS for $100 credit.

The new RG can be shipped direct, you replace or schedule a tech visit requiring a 4 hour appointment window.
If original RG is less than a year, do not let tech take, will not receive credit as tech cannot return unit will just dispose.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (1,580 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 6:15:51 AM
(0)
Contributor
My router is a Motorola NVG510. I researched what it meant when all status lights flashed red. Said it was POST failure. That means the internal system can't start. Like a computer. Those beeps when it first starts are the post tests. It's how computers start. I guess it looks like I'll be getting a new router. Not too happy about this. Couldn't use my own router. Forced to get one that lasted a year and a half. Don't have money for that now. Rather get my kids food and clothes than Internet. Guess I'll be waiting a few weeks. Thanks for the input and explaining my issue.
My router is a Motorola NVG510. I researched what it meant when all status lights flashed red. Said it was POST failure. That means the internal system can't start. Like a computer. Those beeps when it first starts are the post tests. It's how computers start. I guess it looks like I'll be getting a new router. Not too happy about this. Couldn't use my own router. Forced to get one that lasted a year and a half. Don't have money for that now. Rather get my kids food and clothes than Internet. Guess I'll be waiting a few weeks. Thanks for the input and explaining my issue.

5 of 6 (1,568 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2016 2:30:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I repaced a router back in June of 2016---I had Arlo security cameras hooked to the old router that worked fine. After the router was replaced I couldn't reconnect to the arlo base. After trouble shooting with Arlo they said I need to have my provider review the security settings before and after the replacement? I have reset--re-synced-powered off--to no avail. I'm hoping you can help me fix this issue.

Gary Brown

garybrown102@bellsouth.net

502-420-8046----c

I repaced a router back in June of 2016---I had Arlo security cameras hooked to the old router that worked fine. After the router was replaced I couldn't reconnect to the arlo base. After trouble shooting with Arlo they said I need to have my provider review the security settings before and after the replacement? I have reset--re-synced-powered off--to no avail. I'm hoping you can help me fix this issue.

Gary Brown

garybrown102@bellsouth.net

502-420-8046----c

6 of 6 (80 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments