Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 7, 2014
7:34:48 AM
View profile
Port Forwarding not Working

hello,

I can not seem to get port forwarding to work.

I have a webcam setup and it uses port 80

I can access it via http://192.168.1.200 on my local lan

I think i have set it up correctly . But when i try to access this via the public IP , i get nothing.

Any suggestions

My FW page

hello,

I can not seem to get port forwarding to work.

I have a webcam setup and it uses port 80

I can access it via http://192.168.1.200 on my local lan

I think i have set it up correctly . But when i try to access this via the public IP , i get nothing.

Any suggestions

My FW page

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 7, 2014 9:25:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The gateway and DNS server parameters on your camera should be 192.168.1.254, the IP address of your RG.  You could use it on your LAN with the gateway wrong, but not outside your RG.  The DNS server would only matter if your camera attempts to connect to a server (e.g. a mail server) by name.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Port Forwarding not Working

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 7, 2014 9:25:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The gateway and DNS server parameters on your camera should be 192.168.1.254, the IP address of your RG.  You could use it on your LAN with the gateway wrong, but not outside your RG.  The DNS server would only matter if your camera attempts to connect to a server (e.g. a mail server) by name.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Port Forwarding not Working

2 of 4 (1,573 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2014 2:56:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

I've got the same problem, as I'm tyring to configure my Q-See DVR but ports don't seem to get forwarded, even though the router configuration console claims they are opened and forwarded.

I really think AT&T is blocking these ports, as there seems to not be much other explanation.

I go to my internal address and see the DVR security cameras just fine, but the canyouseeme.org site can't detect any of the ports I've added, nor can I get to it on the external address, when connected outside of my router.

I'm open to suggestion for anyone who's  done it successfully with a 2WIRE HVG3800 model router.

Thanks.

I've got the same problem, as I'm tyring to configure my Q-See DVR but ports don't seem to get forwarded, even though the router configuration console claims they are opened and forwarded.

I really think AT&T is blocking these ports, as there seems to not be much other explanation.

I go to my internal address and see the DVR security cameras just fine, but the canyouseeme.org site can't detect any of the ports I've added, nor can I get to it on the external address, when connected outside of my router.

I'm open to suggestion for anyone who's  done it successfully with a 2WIRE HVG3800 model router.

Thanks.

3 of 4 (1,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2016 5:21:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Guys I feel your frustration but I was able to get it working for me by going through the port forwarding normally and rebooting the system. It seem as though the Port Forwarding rules get saved but are not loaded. When the system reboots the rules that you setup get loaded. I hope this helps.

Guys I feel your frustration but I was able to get it working for me by going through the port forwarding normally and rebooting the system. It seem as though the Port Forwarding rules get saved but are not loaded. When the system reboots the rules that you setup get loaded. I hope this helps.

4 of 4 (165 Views)