Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 25, 2014
6:56:48 PM
View profile
PC to Laptop using NVG510

I'm thinking of getting a laptop and wonder if I can access the files, video, games, etc. on the desktop pc wirelessly using the NVG510.  My desktop is wired to the NVG510 using an ethernet cable(so it's wired); I do not have a wireless(WiFi) card in the desktop.  How do I do this(set it up)?  I have the wireless shut off on the NVG510 at the present BUT I can turn it back on with no problem.  Thanks to all who reply

I'm thinking of getting a laptop and wonder if I can access the files, video, games, etc. on the desktop pc wirelessly using the NVG510.  My desktop is wired to the NVG510 using an ethernet cable(so it's wired); I do not have a wireless(WiFi) card in the desktop.  How do I do this(set it up)?  I have the wireless shut off on the NVG510 at the present BUT I can turn it back on with no problem.  Thanks to all who reply

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 9, 2014 1:59:21 PM
(0)
Community Manager

I believe a very common set up (and what I have) is to have a desktop with a wired connection and use wi-fi for laptops, tablets, cell phones, smart TVs and other wi-fi enabled devices. File sharing is fairly easy to set up and all modern laptops are wi-fi equipped.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

PC to Laptop using NVG510

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 25, 2014 7:08:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Leppy99 - Sure you can. I have two computers. Both access the U-verse network both wired & wi-fi & I have the files set to sharing so I can pass data between the two.
Leppy99 - Sure you can. I have two computers. Both access the U-verse network both wired & wi-fi & I have the files set to sharing so I can pass data between the two.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: PC to Laptop using NVG510

2 of 3 (367 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 9, 2014 1:59:21 PM
(0)
Community Manager

I believe a very common set up (and what I have) is to have a desktop with a wired connection and use wi-fi for laptops, tablets, cell phones, smart TVs and other wi-fi enabled devices. File sharing is fairly easy to set up and all modern laptops are wi-fi equipped.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: PC to Laptop using NVG510

3 of 3 (261 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments