SmboBeast's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, December 6th, 2013 4:51 PM

Opening Port Problems - N Router Behind 3600HGV

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem opening up ports successfully for inbound connections with my setup.  Everything works fine when I throw my Netgear router of the picture and directly just hit the 3600HGV. 

I decided to have an N wireless router to have all my components connect to since I have a lot of data going back and forth and speed became a slight issue with just the 3600HGV.  The Netgear router is hooked up to the 3600HGV through LAN. 

Now, with this setup, I have the 3600HGV allow port 80 being forwarded to the Netgear router, and I even went in and set the Netgear router to be in DMZMode, so all ports should be opened and being forwarded to my local web server.

I need port 80 opened, so a client of mine can hit one of my local servers to hit his website that is in development to see progress. 

Probably a given, but I'm assuming I have the wrong setup to get this done?

I would appreciate anyone's help and expertise.

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

The NetGear will need to be configured as the DMZPlus device in the 2Wire.

See the following post for instructions to set up your own router using the DMZPlus feature:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755#M182

After that, you will then need to open port 80 on the NetGear using the NetGear's firewall configuration to forward incoming requests to your web server.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the reply.  I actually had that configuration down, but for some reason it wasn't working out.  I will try this again, paying close attention to the final steps in your linked posts.  I will reply again thanking you once I get it working. 

Sam

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

SomeJoe,

So after trying out everything in your linked posts, I still can't see port 80 open from the outside.

I did notice, however, that my router has an option to specify a default DMZ Server.  So I pointed that to the actual server I need to handle the request, but things still don't seem to work.

Logically, everything seems to be correct.  At the moment, I'm out of ideas. 😞

Sam

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

After reviewing everything, I noticed the port forwarding piece on the router wasn't saved correctly. 

This works perfectly.  Thank you sir!

Sam

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

Excellent, glad it's working!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.