Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 15, 2013
3:58:33 PM
Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)
Edited by scorsy77 on Feb 15, 2013 at 3:59:33 PM

I need a cable(50ft-75ft) that goes from the phone jack in the wall to the 2Wire modem.

I bought this cable at Amazon and it didn't work: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Telephone-Phone-Extension-Cable/dp/B004BOPZ8S/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie...

That cable fit in the phone line slot behind the modem but it didn't work.  The lights on the front of the modem would just keep blinking.

I want to move my modem to a different room.  Can someone tell me what this cable is called that I'm looking for or link me to a site where I can buy one?  I need one at least 50ft.  75ft would be better.

Thank you.

I need a cable(50ft-75ft) that goes from the phone jack in the wall to the 2Wire modem.

I bought this cable at Amazon and it didn't work: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Telephone-Phone-Extension-Cable/dp/B004BOPZ8S/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360970913&sr=1-11

That cable fit in the phone line slot behind the modem but it didn't work.  The lights on the front of the modem would just keep blinking.

I want to move my modem to a different room.  Can someone tell me what this cable is called that I'm looking for or link me to a site where I can buy one?  I need one at least 50ft.  75ft would be better.

Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 15, 2013 6:37:58 PM
(0)
Professor
All you need is a Cat-5e with RJ-11 ends on it. As for 50-75 feet, it is easier to just pull a new jack to that location with Cat-5e, and RJ-11 Keystone for the jack, then plug the RG in at that point.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 15, 2013 6:37:58 PM
(0)
Professor
All you need is a Cat-5e with RJ-11 ends on it. As for 50-75 feet, it is easier to just pull a new jack to that location with Cat-5e, and RJ-11 Keystone for the jack, then plug the RG in at that point.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

2 of 3 (1,332 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 7:54:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Need help finding correct cable for modem (2Wire 3600HGV)

3 of 3 (1,320 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments