apple2x's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 2nd, 2014 6:28 AM

My router blocks FaceTime port/protocol?

I have NVG510 at home with ATT internet service. And FaceTime on iPod/iPad is my lifeline to contact my families/friends. It worked pretty well until very recently.

But all of sudden, it stopped working at home. It always fails to establish connection, even though I can hear the ringtone. When I faced the issue first time, I thought the service is down or my device is in trouble. But that's not true, because FaceTime still works when I brihg my devices outside, like to my office. Now I assume that my router blocks port or protocol used by FaceTime. But I did not change any settings on my router.

So I had a chat session with ATT support, but I did not get any useful information. The service rep just told me that higher level support is requried.

Does anyone have a clue to slove the issue? FaceTime is really importnt to me. I have to consider to switch provider if it's not available via ATT internet service anymore.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @apple2x,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your FaceTime. One thing worth trying is factory resetting your router to restore the settings. To do so, hole the reset button on the back of the NVG510 for at least 10 seconds, and then let go.

Also, if you have not tried already, try to uninstall/reinstall the FaceTime App.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did you ever figure out how to fix this ? Did the factory reset get Facetime working again ?

I have been trying to get ATT tech support to help with this - but they are clueless, very disappointing !

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.